ad: Halibut-1

Stone Mountain Hamfest Nov 2ed & 3rd. Georgia ARRL State Convention

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KK4KHS, Oct 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KK4KHS

KK4KHS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Stone Mountain Hamfest http://stonemountainhamfest.com/

Gwinnett County Fairgrounds
    2405 Sugarloaf Parkway
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045

855-786-8643

Nov. 2-3, 2019
    Sat: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
    Sun: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Flea Market Tables!!! SOLD OUT!!!
    Commercial Tailgate Specials SOLD OUT!!!
    $10 admission at the gate!!
    Bone Yard Tailgating space $10.oo.

Exhibit Hall, Almost Sold Out!!! See who's Exhibiting (click)

Ham Skills Classes, Hand on training. Both days, Hosted by Georgia ARES

VE Test Session Walk-ins Only 9:00am Testing 9:30am Saturday & Sunday

Information and Table Reservations: Steve N4TTY

855-786-8643

FORUMS: 2 EDUCATIONAL TRACKS 18 Forums (click to see)

Track 1. “Emergency Communications”.

Track 2. “Amateur Radio for New Hams”

Contest: Go Box Contest 3rd yr. (Click to signup)

Largest Flea Market and Boneyard with over 300 spaces

Largest & Only 2 Day Hamfest in Georgia
    Among those Vendors and Exhibitors to be at the 2019 Stone Mountain Hamfest are:

2. KJ4ADN

KJ4ADN Ham Member QRZ Page

SilverTip Antennas will be there, with a New Offering, fully built & tuned Fan Dipole antennas.
    160-40-80 meter, 80-20-40 meter and 40-15-20 meter versions.
    We also custom built, to Resonate frequency just about any combination.
    I am currently running a 160-60-80 and at 90 degrees from that a 80-20-40 meter version.
    We also have "kits" spreaders and helpful hints to make your project a success.

In addition, we'll have our 20 meter Mark 2 portable vertical, which sets up in less than 5 minutes!
    Very popular for SOTA, remotes, vacations (fits in a suitcase), and of course it's fine tunable via the tip on 20 meters (can cover 40-10m with a decent radio's tuner).

Also the usual & useful stuff for your HAMshack, grounding kits, foot switches, and of course Band Plan Charts!

KI4P likes this.
  3. KM4YTW

KM4YTW Ham Member QRZ Page

Good hamfest. This is my favorite . Found a lot of good deals there. Got several project radios and misc equipment for under 200 bucks. I enjoy repairing and restoring these old classics . 73

4. KJ4ADN

KJ4ADN Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad you enjoyed it! Attendance was dismal though. This really ought to be a one day show, or at the very most a Friday afternoon & Saturday show.
    Talking with Mike, he said the time change (?) and Sunday church kept people away (?) - so if you gain an hour of sleep, or have church, people stay home - OK, then skip Sunday altogether. Chattanooga figured it out, opens Friday at 1pm and ends on Saturday, which works out great for people coming from out-of-town (1 night hotel stay, and believe me, the hotels are expensive!). Sunday was vendors buying from vendors. Empty booths, the boneyard was pretty empty Sunday.

This HAMfest would have more vendors as a one day show, or Friday afternoon / Saturday show, I personally know of 2 who quit coming because expenses make it unprofitable.
    We'll see what happens next year, They want to make it a 3-day show.

5. KJ4YQK

KJ4YQK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Had a good time there. Will attend again next year.