Stolen Satellite Gear

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N4DCW, Jun 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. N4DCW

N4DCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday morning I discovered my personal vehicle had been stolen outside my apartment here in Louisville, KY. Among the items inside, though hidden, was my complete satellite operation station. Please keep an eye out if you see any or all of these items up for sale in the near future:

Yaesu FT-818ND (serial #: 8G910854)
    Icom IC-W32A (underside of battery has my callsign, I believe the side of the radio does as well but can’t remember)
    Bose QuietComfort 15 noise cancelling headphones
    Olympus LS-10 Linear Voice Recorder
    Arrow II Satellite Antenna (split boom)

Also if you haven’t done it yet, let this be a good reminder to mark your equipment appropriately so it can be identified in case of loss or theft.

2. W1TRY

W1TRY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sorry to hear that Mike. Good luck with the recovery or at least an honest insurance reimbursement.

3. W5PFG

W5PFG Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw this on Twitter as well. Very sad!

4. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad faces all around. Some $#17#34& stole radios out of my truck. Bozo probably thought they were CB radios, herp derp. Couldn't get $5 at any flea market. All were marked, never seen or heard anything..

Best wishes for you to get reunited, some nice equipment there.

Maybe a neighbor has a camera recording the street activity?

One of my neighbors has a camera, what can I do to find a guy with jeans and a hoodie?

Insurance didn't help. Maybe yours will.

5. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

6. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I once left a banjo on the back seat and only was away from the car for like 5 minutes.

When I got back, the window was broken.

There were three more banjoes in the car!

N2TLR, VK4KL, KA0HCP and 1 other person like this.
  7. WA2FSO

WA2FSO Ham Member QRZ Page

hamfest knoxville tn June 15, will keep eyes open,