ad: cq2k-1

SteppIR UrbanBeam and SDA 2000 full review (HF antenna)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Nov 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

The guy is interesting, not the usual drone on by a hem-haw ham. Ham vids make me want to scream, "Get to the point!" This guy was pleasant to listen too and the video inserts were quick and to the point.

VA2PV likes this.
  2. KR2C

KR2C Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

jelous much? i love when the poor guy knock down things people who have more money can afford.

3. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

what you mean i had one.. just saying never again..
    theirs better antennas out their at less than half the price of this OVER priced rubbish..
    money is no object here pal.. :)

4. KR2C

KR2C Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

*there's

5. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Obvious as it is, Steppir advertises their gain specs in dbi and not dbd, so compared to conventional antennas that advertise spec in dbd, you will find that Steppirs are not great performers. They are nice for the ham who has it all however and more power to them. If you want it and can afford it - buy it and enjoy!!

NA4RA likes this.
  6. KP4CZ

KP4CZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome & Excellent Video A+++ Great report and nice equipment for Ham radio! 73's Jose

VA2PV and M1WML like this.
  7. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Have they figured out how to stop the fiberglass from shredding in the Florida sunshine every 4 or 5 years? Gets costly with repairs & they are already very costly in the beginning.The fiberglass gets dried out & brittle & the metal tape wears thru the elements & they must be replaced.Some better UV protected materials maybe or even a coating that protects them? Those motors don't like all of our lightning either.

Clayton
    W4KVW

M1WML likes this.
  8. VA2LM

VA2LM Ham Member QRZ Page

Félicitations Pascal pour ton vidéo.
    Ca fait rever de posséder un beam comme ca.
    Michel 73
    Va2lm

VA2PV likes this.
  9. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Ian. 73 Pasacal VA2PV

10. VA2PV

Merci Michel. 73 Pascal VA2PV

11. VA2PV

Hi Clayton, I have a few friends in Canada owning SteppIR antennas and it's not a problem for us, I suggest that you ask the question to the manufacturer. 73 Pascal VA2PV

12. VA2PV

There's maybe some maintenance we can do to extend the antenna life, I will ask. 73 Pascal VA2PV

M1WML likes this.