Step up Xformer Question - Amp

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KK4YDR, Dec 19, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

For my shack, I ran 10-3 with ground (Bk/Rd/Wh & bare). I run it into a 6 circuit panel, so that I can power both amps & all of the shack. The wiring comes around the house in 3/4 PVC & then I ran it under the asbestos shingles, into the house. Then, I use PVC flex in the room to the panel, which is bolted to the desk.
    When we move, I can patch a few holes & it will all be fine.

Both amps are solid state 1 is 50VDC & has it's own switcher supply. The other is 13.8VDC at 200A switcher. Of course, I never run them at the same time. It also gives me 2 20A circuits. 1 is for the 72A switcher, powering the shack (Haven't got the solar set up yet) & the other goes to a "Plugmold" on the desk & table for computers, chargers & test equipment.

Ed

2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Im talking about the CBers the same days as the Hamvention. They would go there to buy goodies and later have the shootout at 2PM and them come back and have a nice dinner. Mostly black guys and $100's were everywhere and sometimes more on side bets. I think one year the main event purse was $20K.
    Some were hams as well as around the country of any color but Im not aware of an all ham shootout except on 75 and 20 from home stations which could be a daily event:eek::rolleyes:

AA7QQ likes this.