Starting to use MixW outgoing transmissions

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by KZ5JO, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KZ5JO

KZ5JO Ham Member QRZ Page

Requesting some assistance !

I am very interested in Digital Comms.

I am just starting to use MixW and receiving the MFSK16 signals is working just fine. I have all the necessary cables to make the outgoing transmissions from the audion card to my IC-706MKIIG - but am not able to find the correct configuration settings so that I am able to hear the keyboarding changes when I listen to the MFSK16 transmission on a speaker.

Your comments and help is appreciated.
    Thanks

2. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

You are not being clear to me, sorry ! What "keyboarding changes" are you expecting to hear? MFSK16 sends out a pattern of descending tones constantly, even if nothing is being typed into the keyboard. This helps the receiving station remain "syncronized" to your transmission. Unlike the "diddle" that a RTTY station sends, it is harder to differentiate when data actually starts flowing, although after you become accustomed to it, you really CAN tell when the station is idleing, or not.

Please explain further what you are looking for, if this is not a satisfactory answer!

73, Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.