SSTV and digital TV

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W8NSI, May 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W8NSI

W8NSI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been listening around the old sstv watering holes on 20 and 40 and don't hear any of the digital picture modes anymore. Maybe I am listening at wrong times or... are MMSTV and DGTRX not used anymore? Is there a new one that I am not aware of or have interests just moved on? Digimodes lately seem more oriented to quicky hit-n-git contacts that can't really be called a qso.
    73 de w8nsi Jim

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

This past winter was on a fair amount 14.230 seemed to be no lack of activity. Here is a site I keep an eye on when on the air.
    http://www.worldsstv.com/

3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

DGTRX is pretty much long gone

MMSSTV for analog and EASYPAL for digital. both are free.

About the only SSTV on 40 is on 7.173, there is a group on there, usually in the mornings to noonish (EST)

4. KM6LYW

KM6LYW Ham Member QRZ Page

is there a freq on 40 general license operators use for sstv?

5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

not that I know of, the analog 40 meter freq is 7.171.

that being said, you can legally Tx sstv in the General fone band,................. [​IMG]

KM6LYW likes this.
  6. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"I have been listening around the old sstv watering holes on 20 and 40 and don't hear any of the digital picture modes anymore."

Just wait for a contest. The frequency will be quiet for hours and as soon as a contest station parks there, there will all manner of SSTV transmissions jamming the contest station. Happens all the time.

KM6LYW likes this.