SS pieces from RU land

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by W5INC, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:55 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W5INC

W5INC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Going thru a piece here and 1 original transistor was labeled a BC549 and another a BC549C further up the audio chain. So it looks like the difference in the pieces the C version has more gain then the 549. Looking around the 549 have been superseded to mostly 549C pieces. Also needed are BC 238 & BC239 pieces but these aren't made and go to the BC549, which then goes to the 549C.

Now the original pieces238, 239 and the 549s are available from over in RU land. These are the equivalents to American designed pieces I am guessing, just a Russian version of them. Prices are good and the pieces aren't made in China where a lot of counterfeit pieces are being produced at. The Russian tubes have a good reputation these days so the SS parts from over yonder should be acceptable, I am guessing.

2. WB2GCR

WB2GCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonder what the "piece" is?
    Something Euro or Japanese?

I'd check the data sheets on the Ruskie parts, they may or may not be the
    same things. Unless of course you find that someone online has already been
    down this path.

But my experience (limited though) with Ruskie transistors has been quite good
    thus far. I have not tried to get USA part numbers though...

3. W5INC

W5INC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That Russian Cyrillic Alphabet has me lost there Mr. Bear. I sure can't make heads or tails of diagrams of the pieces or the data sheets. Google translator is of no help in these matters. The prices for the parts are very reasonable for unobtainium parts now in the USA and I am guessing they should be direct knock off of American pieces. The China pieces are like buying a pig in a poke as some pieces are good and others are just worthless junk. Maybe the Rusky parts buying way is a good alternative. I have emailed 1 of the super big supply house over yonder already and I just hope their response isn't written in Russian. :)