Sqquare Wave generator

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by WA9SVD, Mar 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

That's interesting, but the schematic I'm looking for is even more simple. It is a simple multivibrator, with the dual MC799P but I don't know which of the two input circuits were used, and unless I find the original mag article, I'd have to do a forensic dissection of the project, and I am of the philosophy "If it ain't broken ye,t don't break it." it has served well as a simple signal generator for over 45 years, and I don't want to fool around with it now!
    The advantage (when RTL was all the rage) is that they would easily run off 2 AA "alkey-lion cells," even when the voltage dropped below 2 volts. (Reminder to self: replace batteries at least once a decade...)

If I can figure out how to post pictures here, I'll post the front panel and internal guts of the lil' bugger; it's almost too simple to believe, even with a pot for variable output and BNC/Binding posts for connections. (It was in the smallest case Rat shack had at the time.)

VK4FFAB likes this.
  2. WA9SVD

This time Google found it right away, from Pop' Tronics, January 1968. Article by Don Lancaster.

http://www.tinaja.com/glib/pop_elec/ic_testone_1_68.pdf

As I sid, the basic circuit is the MC799P, 2 capacitors and two resistors. I'll try to post pix of my unit when I get a new battery for my camera.

3. WA9SVD

You seem a bit confused. The MC799P is an RTL dual buffer, NOT a CMOS logic chip.

4. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Confused? Hardly, I am not the one who cannot remember what he built.

5. WA9SVD

Well you claimed the MC799 was some how a CMOS logic and gave a circuit, even after I posted the link to the original Pop Tronics full article, or did you just not bother to follow the link before you commented?

6. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would go look at those date stamps. My post was 5th of april, you also replied to it on the 6th of april, then the old timers set in and we went looking for a fight again 2 weeks later on the same post. But i will say this, I am sorry that i even tried to help. You sir are an embarrassment.

7. WA9SVD

Seepost *8, and see the date is 3 April.