ad: cq2k-1

SPAR Winter Field Day - Jan 26, 27

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC9ECI, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

For those in the northern climes using CW, the minus sign is the same as the hyphen -....-

Do not confuse this with BK or = -...-

To summarize, -....- should be used before negative temperatures, not -...-

;)

2. N7UR

N7UR Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be operating in the field from the Desert National Wildlife Refuge in the northe east corner of the Mojave Desert.

The refuge is 1,600,000 acres of 100% un-tamed wilderness with no man made improvements. It is the largest National Wildlife Refuge in the continental United States. Two states the size of Rhode Island can fit inside the refuge with enough space left over to build over a quarter million football fields.

Access is primarily by foot or by horseback.  So my station will consist of what I can carry in.

I plan to set camp in the high desert area at about 4300' elevation near the base of the Sheep Mountain range.  I hope to make it to this location 2 hours after nightfall Friday evening and set camp.  I hope to be on the air throughout the event.

The WX at that location for tonight is for rain and 3 or more inches of snow.  Snow and rain is predicted for that location throughout the weekend.  So if you are inside working the WFD...PLEASE...give me and any others around the country that are huddled in tents a QSO...the RF may be our only heat source...hi hi.

It's going to be a great weekend to "PLAY RADIO"!

John-N7UR

3. WB5T

WB5T Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully I'll get my HF Rig/Antenna installed and ready to go before the contest starts. That sounds like fun. Now I really can't wait to buy my rig Saturday morning!!!

4. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday it was -30F +/- around here. There's 2 to 3 feet of snow where we're setting up. Last year we drove cars up to the cabin and walked on bare ground to hang antennas. This year I'm thinking it's going to be my 4X4 and a vertical antenna clamped to a picnic table or the tailgate of my truck.

5. W1IM

W1IM Ham Member QRZ Page

for WFD I was QRV from a hunting and fishing camp in the Green Mountains of Vermont. I used a random wire antenna with my IC-751A, powered off a marine battery, and operated outside the cabin for about 4 hours in the beginning of the contest at temperatures bewteen 3 and 9 degrees Farenheit. Had some fun and then some coctails inside. Ice fishing the next day so no more operating after that. Total of 28 Qs on SSB 20/40/80 meters. Will be back next year.

6. K4NMR

K4NMR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

SPARE - Winter Field Day - Logging Software?

can anyone recommend a logging program with freeware download for the upcoming WFD.. We will be setting up a CW shop outside with a generator.. Thanks and 73s Tom/kj4hui@gmail.com

7. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.