ad: SDRKits-1

SP7IDX

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W5MCU, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. SQ6RKY

SQ6RKY Ham Member QRZ Page

Believe me, this is not a problem with shippers in Poland.

2. W6NV

W6NV Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand you finally received the antenna. Like you, I have been waiting over 6 months for the antenna. Waldi claims the antenna was shipped in November and it is now been in transit for over 3 months, if his claims are to be believed.

Regular follow-ups were made to try and find out the shipper and shipping information; he said the packages were in NY and would be released soon. That was two weeks ago. . .

I have seen his antenna and it is a good design, however, dealing with what appears to be a 'stall' tactic is not welcome.

When and if I ever get the antenna, I will let the message board know. I need the antenna now or a refund??

Oliver Sweningsen, W6NV

3. K9WWW

K9WWW Ham Member QRZ Page

It took 7 months of hounding Waldi and eventually demanding a refund and threatening to leave negative feedback on eham. Like W5MCU said, the antenna magically showed up. I looked up the UPS tracking number that was on the package and it had been created and shipped 3 days earlier. Doesn't look like customs ever touched it. No paperwork or markings on the box.

It looks like Waldi shipped it in a hurry. Only one arm had the D-rings installed and I will need to put the rest of them on. That will happen when the weather is better. The unfortunate thing is he dragged his feet so long on shipping it, it arrived during our cold, rainy season (the exact reason I ordered it 7 months prior!) It is still sitting unassembled in my shed for now.

4. W5MCU

W5MCU Ham Member QRZ Page

W6NV & K9WWW when you get the antenna (hopefully) up you will love it! The build is second to none. Waldi is great at antenna building and not so great at customer relations and communication.