ad: AC6LA-1

somewhere between Guntown and Whiteville...

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by AD5MB, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AD5MB

AD5MB Ham Member

2. KC9IUX

KC9IUX Ham Member

I must be missing something.:confused:

3. W4HAY

W4HAY Subscriber

4. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member

Ooooh yes ! A big grin list ! There are some crackers on that list. I don't think I'd buy a house in some of those places ! Just imagine filling in a job application form and having to give your home address

5. AD5MB

AD5MB Ham Member

Hell, Michigan is about 7 miles from Christmas, and vice versa

the last gas station in Hell has a sign: Last chance for gas until Christmas
    the last gas station in Christmas has a sign: Last chance for gas until Hell

6. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber

That's a rather pathetic story, anyway. It took them a long time to come up with a picture of the Loonie Tune suspected of the crime, but they published pictures of the woman and her kids right away. Now, that's great, but the kids look like zillions of others that age. The perp is a rather odd looking duck. They still haven't reported who they found dead.

7. K7RQ

K7RQ Subscriber

8. W4KTL

W4KTL Ham Member

Me too. If the thread is about the name of the town, Whiteville was named after a judge, Hugh L. White.

9. KI5F

KI5F Ham Member

I was the band director at Guntown for 8 years. Real town, barely.

10. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member

Especially if your previous address was in Sh**terton in the UK!;)

(Do you like my Politically correct use of asterisks?)

73,VK6ZGO

11. N8CPA

N8CPA Premium Subscriber

You can always take skiing vacations to the Austrian alps--or is it the Austrian oops? Googleearth 48 04 02.53N 12 51 48.30E.

12. W4HAY

W4HAY Subscriber

He started out as a corporate lawyer but now owns numerous fast-food restaurants.

I used to have a laundromat in Whiteville, NC. Nice little town. When tobacco season rolled around, boiled peanuts were the order of the day. The shells were everywhere, to the point they'd occasionally clog the storm sewers. The city council tried to outlaw them but almost got thrown out of office for their efforts.

13. WB8MKV

WB8MKV Ham Member

...Just outside Kalamazoo, Michigan is a town by the name of "climax"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.