Some signs that the American Dream id dying

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by G0GQK, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

Your Dodge Durango SUV is now your master bedroom

A tip for the security guard means a quicker exit from the airport

Mickey Bloomburg is sworn in as mayor of Disneyland

The dollar is being replaced with the IOU

A new campsite opening in Central Park for office workers

Learn mandarin and get better service in a Chinese restaurant

Salad submarines are now called lettuce and tuna kayaks

The pepper pot for your meal is in your face

A food stamp distribution center has opened on Rodeo Drive

Police sports & baseball clubs now practice with real heads

Product guarentees from Walmart are in Chinese and the refund office is in Beijing

Big shipments of part used tires, some with treads, from China

Life sentences for stealing used cooking oil from McDonalds

Cuba is exporting used De Soto and Buick autos to the US

2. W4HAY

W4HAY Subscriber QRZ Page

...and Jay Leno is buying them...

3. WA6TKD

WA6TKD Ham Member QRZ Page

What's a "Dream id" ?

4. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

It's when you dream who you'd like to be...that, or since the letter 's' is next to 'd' on a keyboard, me-thinks it's a typo.

Seriously, the American dream isn't dead--anybody who has a good or novel idea can make money. Great example: the guy who "invented" the Pet Rock back in the 1970s--he made millions off of people buying rocks. (If that isn't truly American I don't know what is.) In fact, it's now being offered in a USB version: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/c208/

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Someone told me dog bites man isn't news, but man bites dog is. So, I bit my dog and I'm still not famous.:(

Can't get a break.

6. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

The pepper pot for your meal is in your face

Police sports & baseball clubs now practice with real heads

Perhaps it is a cultural thing, but I don't get these ;)

Brad

7. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

8. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Ham Member QRZ Page

id. Human psyche.

noun Psychoanalysis .
    the part of the psyche, residing in the unconscious, that is the source of instinctive impulses that seek satisfaction in accordance with the pleasure principle and are modified by the ego and the superego before they are given overt expression.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/id

Basically the OP is about what makes you... Well, you or the view of your place in the eyes of others.

9. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

I sit corrected. Thanks!

10. WN6U

WN6U Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope Fido doesn't get sick from the bite. :confused:

11. WD5GWY

WD5GWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Strange, at least here in Texas, the American Dream is alive and well. I'm sure there are a lot of folks
    having hard times. But, it is certainly not the end of the American Dream.
    Methinks, that someone is jealous of the American Dream and wishes to put it down.
    The Colonies are alive and well !!!!!
    Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you wish to celebrate!
    james
    WD5GWY

12. N4KJF

N4KJF Ham Member QRZ Page

.....or the snuggie

13. W9OE

W9OE Ham Member QRZ Page

"Strange, at least here in Texas, the American Dream is alive and well. I'm sure there are a lot of folks
    having hard times. But, it is certainly not the end of the American Dream.
    Methinks, that someone is jealous of the American Dream and wishes to put it down.
    The Colonies are alive and well !!!!!
    Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you wish to celebrate!"
    james
    WD5GWY

I agree 100%! I have pointed this out before, yet it continues. Although he has been toned it down a bit in the last few months.

14. K4WGE

K4WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

It id, id it?

15. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator QRZ Page

And your dog looks at you funny.

The kind of look my cats gave me when I left for a race and left them alone for three days when they were kittens.

The look said (of course, I didn't know it until I came home), "we're going to crap in your new headphones."

Ah well, as the handbook once said, "Man is an 11,000 ohm, 1 watt resistor."

Bill

16. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

We in the USA should take heed at what G0GQK is posting here as he has lots more experience in living in a country (UK) with no manufactoring base for centuries now, a fifth column firmly embedded in it's workforce wanting to destroy the UK, little to no upward social/economic mobility for @ least the time that Shaw guy wrote Pygmalion in the early 20th century and has no choice but to support the old World banking regime. The upward mobility in the UK has been stiffled a lot longer then that, if I remember my history right. If the US keeps on it's current trend we will be following the UK in getting to be a 3rd World country here in the future.

17. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Obviously you chose the wrong venue to do this. Take the dog down to the courthouse, notify the press of an incident occurring on the steps to the building. When they wheel up and unload, bit the dog ferociously and repeatedly. I guarantee that you will make the news and become a memorable example for some misguided animal cruelty organization.

P.S. It's best to find out the bail required for animal cruelty charges, and have a friend or family member standing by to post bond...

18. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Eisenhower Era America is long gone. The need for Cold War economic propaganda is over. The government directly and indirectly funded much of the vaunted "American Dream" of the 1950s. Time to move on to something that will work longer than 30 years...

19. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

...and that resistance is futile if it's less than 1.0 Ohm.

20. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

Going to be very hard to move on to something else when there is no manufacturing base in this country, IMO, Mr. Patrick. What new industry is going to be sprouting that will rejuvenate this stagnant paper pushing nonsensical economy we are now in?

During the Golden Years in America (54 - 61) I believe the top wage earners paid 91% of their earned income to the US government. Now it is less then 33% with all kinds of loopholes and other tax evasion techniques drawn up on Capitol Hill to benefit the top .9% of the US populace. 60 Minutes did a show about how the Capitol Hill boys get rich in insider trading that goes on unchecked. 44 to 48% of the members of Congress are considered to be millionaires according to tax returns filed. Only 8% that got elected to Congress were millionaires before entering Congress. So it seems to me that the boys up on Capitol Hill have their own agenda and 1 that doesn't benefit the American public like it should. We will continue our downward economic spiral until we clean up the corruption that has run rampant in all forms of Government here in the USA, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.