ad: ProAudio-1

Some Hams Repeater Hogs??

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KI4MSB, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG6YTZ

KG6YTZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tailgators. I like it! [​IMG]

2. N4JTL

N4JTL Ham Member QRZ Page

instead of just jumping in on a repeater, i might just sit back an copy the mail. you might learn something HAMSTER. {ham + youngster} = hamster

3. KI4MSB

KI4MSB Ham Member QRZ Page

OK kb2vxa,
    How are you going to transmit the word BREAK when the repeater hogs are pressing the PTT button faster that you can. How are you even going to press the ptt button and make that little pause??? How are you going to do that??? Let me knnow when you find the answer ok!!!

4. KI4MSB

KI4MSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Have YOU found the answer yet?[​IMG]??

5. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to the Land of Ham Radio I did this 1994 Cell - Phones has 911 as a Emergency use and DOES NOT require service ! I would say that is more secure communications if you get a Digital model.

As to repeater hogs they are all over hint try last 2 letters to your call or one letter be surprised how one letter can be squeezed in, if you know Morse Code my favorite to may call is Di Dah Dit cataches attention readially, also you need to know timing to key your mike if you wait for the courtsey tone then key your too late.

I used to adjust the reeds on my 11M. D-104 mike to key the relay faster, but got out of 11m. besides if you have HF privledges there is lots of bands depends on your license.

Besides 2M. isnt the only place with auto patches, I even found 146.520 to request assistance thru another ham.

For you Emergency types , ultilize the Repeater mentality on your next ARES RACES net and train em to what happens in reality when no repeater is available, I found the Big Q. how do you go Simplex? DUH !!?? [​IMG]

its called cre8tive thinking !

6. AB8RU

Life is GR8 being the member of the OB Club [​IMG]

7. AB8RU

Is he running flea power ? [​IMG] did this young un say he's a 4th. grader ? YEP!

Hand him the Engineers Test !

8. AB8RU

PSSSST be careful you might get the Glenster going! [​IMG]

9. AD0SB

AD0SB Ham Member QRZ Page

key up and say your callsign as fast as you her the other key off, your repeater should have a courtesy tone, and you shouldnt have much of a problem getting in. During high traffic on our repeaters I can tell when two or more key up simotaneously, I then tx, that we are going to take a break and let the calling stations ID themselves andchime in on the conversation. I can even get in using 2.5 watts without a problem.

Oh and the 2 pages of emoticons is just plain dumb.

10. KI4BNC

KI4BNC Ham Member QRZ Page

start with your underwear.
    if you were in an accident...

11. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi again,

Just to fill in some holes, but I'm not ambitious enough to tackle all 4,000 of them.

"HAMSTER. {ham + youngster} = hamster"

Not necissarily, I'm 55 and look at my avatar.

"OK kb2vxa,
    How are you going to transmit the word BREAK when the repeater hogs are pressing the PTT button faster that you can."

With a 1500W amp I suppose. Now go back and read me again.

"...if you know Morse Code my favorite to may call is Di Dah Dit cataches attention readially..."

The prosign is BK, not R, and how may an FM receiver can hear CW? Never mind the rest of your post, "to may call", "cataches" and "readially" much sum up the "reeds" on your "11M D-104". FYI they're properly called leaves by those familiar with leaf switches and reeds were the things that produced PL tones before the PLL synthisizer came along.

"its called cre8tive thinking !"

Yeah, I'll bet.

"PSSSST be careful you might get the Glenster going!"

Yeah, looks like we have a clone here.

There are 4,000 holes in Blackburn Lancs, they had to count them all and most remain empty. Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall but I'm saving my more creative shoveling for more deserving threads. Never mind guys, I'm about to do what I do when I find this sort of thing on a repeater, bye bye.

12. WA8TJC

WA8TJC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello All,
    I would love to have Repeater HOG's!..LOL. [​IMG] . I've had a 440 repeater for 10 or so more years now and it just sit's idle all the time.
    There are other repeaters in your area. Go get a A.R.R.L repeater book and look up other repeater's to use.

73's all KG8FV:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.