Somalia, 6O6O

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K0MB, Jan 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
  1. K0MB

K0MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Being spotted on 20m and 30m

2. WB9LUR

WB9LUR Ham Member QRZ Page

Saw a post where they were having excessive RX noise on some bands and also a Facebook post where they are said to have lost an antenna bag...I'm sure that they'll find a work around!

Randy

http://callingdx.com/6O6O-DXpedition-Somalia.htm

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  3. K8PG

K8PG Subscriber QRZ Page

Just wondering what was
    happening with these 2
    fellows..? Are they ok ?

Paul

4. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes they are OK. I just watched a live video stream at w5kub.com with them.

Today they were quite loud on 15m CW, then went to 20m but suffered from heavy noise and are now waiting for the noise source (lights at a nearby soccer field) to disappear at around 2100 UTC when the lights were switched off the last days.

They call NA from time to time, but not too much response when I was watching.

5. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I worked them this morning around 9 AM local on 15 CW right after they called for NA about 1.5 up. Only took 2 calls and they were mostly very solid with periods of QSB that took them just above the noise level but was still able to copy with no problem here in far eastern Pennsylvania.

6. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a lot of complaining due to the fact that few North American contacts have taken place. I for one worked this entity on twenty meters a few years ago. It would be nice to find them on 15, or perhaps 40, so far we have heard them once on 40, working Europe and that was it. Propagation has been been pretty bad, so the accusations of avoiding North America to me is unfounded. The ratio of other continnents to North America is about ten to one last report I heard. If it is impossible this time, perhaps in a couple of years things will start to improve, maybe, maybe not. If I catch them on another band fine, but not going to get all bent out of shape if I do not.

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

7.8% for NA is what Clublog is showing right now. 40 seems to be their best band for NA.
    I'm having to sit this one out. Maybe next time.

8. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I barely heard them on 30M one time. Will keep trying.

9. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you get them their reporting through Club Log is great. I confirmed I was in the log a few minutes after I worked them and the contact was confirmed 2 hours later via LOTW.

KP4SX likes this.
  10. K8PG

K8PG Subscriber QRZ Page

What happened to
    80/160..
    They where loud on 30 and
    15 here. Glad all is ok.
    only need them on
    80/160 cw