So Whats New in Dayton

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN4CQB, May 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, you may just have to wait for the Ten Tec Store to be updated...

Oh, wait... https://www.tentec.com/?page_id=1557&model_number=TT-506 . Price only went up $20 from the original listing, years back.

K4AGO, AD0AC and NL7W like this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Will that be when CQ Magazine arrives on time? :)

K4AGO, WU8Y and KA4DPO like this.
  3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Considering that the Ten Tec store HAS already been updated to show the Rebel for sale again, I think we can safely answer that wisecrack with:

Before. Long before.

4. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Quick! Call CQ CONTEST!

5. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And don't forget it has am ultra modern sweep and hold bandscope that can take a snapshot of the entire band in about three seconds.

6. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not exactly sure if they are new or not but the fried mushrooms were pretty good :)

KA4DPO likes this.
  7. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

I must say that is one UGLY radio. They just keep rolling the UGLY models out even though it takes them years between releases. It was hit with an UGLY TREE not an UGLY STICK for sure. I also heard the ICOM Booth was an exciting place for some heated discussion about the Drifting Issues of the New ICOM 9700 & less than shining reviews from those who will admit the truth. I heard the answers were less than shining as well.

Clayton
    W4KVW

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Re the OMNI VII+ I'd like to know if it's "for real" or just prototype stuff, and would also like to see the rear panel and a user manual.

Their user manuals used to be very good -- clear explanations of not only operation but all the circuitry, without using thousands of words that added nothing to the explanations; whoever wrote them clearly understood what they were writing. No clue if that person or those people are still around.

And the rear panels on the Jupiter/Orion/Omni gear used to be highly functional with easy-to-use RCA phono jacks for just about everything, so no time wasted looking for or wiring up multipin DIN plugs and stuff. I always liked that. If this rig is real, I hope they carried that tradition.

9. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Industrial is how I'd describe more vintage Ten-Tec gear, but this looks absolutely "soviet".

KA4DPO likes this.
  10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks "functional" to me. Actually not much different from my last-gen T-T gear.

I hope it retained the "all menu options show at once on the screen" when you push one button, so there's no fumbling around with multiple menus and crazy stuff that slows down operations and creates the need to have the manual handy. The Jupe-Orion-Omni VII were like that: Menu functions displayed in plain English, turn the dial to highlight one, turn it on or off or change the setting with the MULTI knob, press MNU again to make it all disappear and takes five seconds to make any kind of normally hidden adjustment -- and most adjustments were already on the panel anyway so referring to the menu was an infrequent exercise.