ad: SDRKits-1

So Whats New in Dayton

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN4CQB, May 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Tell you what.

If you bought your shovel at Home Depot, I know a few people. I may be able to pull a few strings and get you your money back.

But if you bought it at Lowes, you’re out of luck. Can’t help you there.

N2EY likes this.
  2. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He bought it at True Value. :p:cool:

KA4DPO likes this.
  3. NL7W

A new K4 and their KPA-1500 is a cool $10K.
    Not a bad deal really.
    :)

4. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

:eek:

I would have added a poop emoji for what happened when I saw this post but it's not in the list.

K4AGO likes this.
  5. WA4KCN

WA4KCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The weather was nearly perfect. Just a little hot. The humidity was low and a nice breeze was blowing. The rain early Friday morning had no impact.

I was there Sunday and the free entrance looked to not have a big impact. It was a typical Sunday at the ham fest.

I think the idea behind that was to turn around the decline in attendance from 2018. To get into the fest on Sunday you had to have a ticket so any walk ins would be counted in the attendance figures.

It was certainly the best fest since moving to Xenia due to favorable weather. Otherwise it was just good to be among so many like minded folk.

6. KN1M

KN1M Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. It was great to be with so many of my own kind. Spent Friday with a buddy I had not seen for years. We had both moved to new areas. It was wonderful to see him again.

WZ7U and NL7W like this.
  7. NL7W

:)

8. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

WB8NUT said,
    Ron said,
    After reading NUT's post I don't get the shovel thing. Is that supposed to make some kind of sense? Did he post something that isn't true?

9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Import one. Like this.
    [​IMG]
    Again, if you went to Dayton, you missed all the hoopla.

KA4DPO likes this.
  10. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

For the SERIOUS High Rolller DXers and Contesters, MONEY is not a problem. they spend hundreds of thousands on giant antenna systems, so what is a measily $10K?

K4AGO, KE5OFJ and KA4DPO like this.