ad: UR5CDX-1

So Whats New in Dayton

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN4CQB, May 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm still wondering if Alpha will be introducing their new line of amplifiers.

KM4RFI likes this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm holding out for the matched pair.

3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Not a dang thing.

4. KA2PVT

KA2PVT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm in Zenia now just came in after the fest closed for the day. Tailgating is much larger, and mud issue under control. Gravel paths. Sunny weather temps in the low 80s. Looking at the new stuff tomorrow.

W4NNF likes this.
  5. N9VO

N9VO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think DARA and Greene Co Fairground hit it out of the park this year. Fantastic facility, clean and well kept. Food selection great. Prices up there but what can you expect. Excellent coverage on 1620 AM on the radio going in this morning. Great signage and no problem with traffic into the venue. Weather cooperated and crowd seemed huge. I think its getting better and better. Hara who????

N2EY, W4PG, KA0HCP and 2 others like this.
  6. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Probably the Omni VII plus. Question is, plus what? The Elecraft K4 is a big departure for them, from analog front end to direct sampling, but sounds like it might blow Flex out of the water. Then there is Icom, Kenwood, and Yaesu, with their lineups of feature packed radios at very attractive prices. Ten Tec had better bring their A game.

7. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Yay!

8. K9NZ

K9NZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Best Hamfest at Xenia in at least 10 years, Great flea market, the weather is great I had a great time.
    You had to look for mud but nothing major anyway. The city of Xenia and DARA have hit a home run. And Ten Tec had a few old pieces on the table no more than 4 or 5
    , No fliers, no new radios, one guy who looked bored. Just my opinion stick a fork in it its done. If your close go check it out I've been going for over 35 years and I was impressed, lot of good gear in the flea market.
    K9NZ

9. WB8NUT

WB8NUT Ham Member QRZ Page

TenTec really did not bring any game. I went past TenTec at least three times and did not notice an Omni 7+. Maybe one person stopping by here and there to talk to Mike. The excitement was over at Flexradio and Elecraft. I think that is where all the TenTec customers are migrating. SDR is where radio is going and TenTec is not there yet. The Omni 7+ that people took pictures of still had the same model number as the previous Omni 7 so is a new front panel what makes it a plus? Don't know. If I had to choose between an Omni 7+ at $3,000 and a Flex-6400M at $3,000, I'm going with the Flex. Not even a second thought. If TenTec is going to re-enter amateur radio with a competitive offering, they better have a totally new and revolutionary SDR radio at a competitive price. JMHO

KA4DPO likes this.
  10. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

I want that 5 year design production 4040 tuner!.....OH, wait, I have been banned from buying anything Alpha.......they showed me, let's ban a 3 Alpha amp customer.... yea, good thinking, we showed him, now he has two Acoms that we could have sold new Alpha"s to him and a HF Palstar auto tuner instead of ours.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    K4AGO, WB8NUT and KA4DPO like this.