ad: M2Ant-1

Small Loop Calculator

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KY8D, May 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KY8D

KY8D Subscriber QRZ Page

Not just 'yet another' but something a little bit different. Firstly, it's live. No "Calculate" button that has to be hit. A continuous execution loop. I wrote it myself. Best part is that it employs calculation algorithms dating from 2016, as opposed to the 1950s. And, of course, it's totally free.

Small Loop Calculator

[​IMG]

KK4NSF and K6CLS like this.
  2. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ya know, a number of those on the web don't give very good results, I haven't tried this one yet, and most of my loops are 1/4 or 1/8 wavelength circumference, although the 630m loop ends up being 1/16 WL circumference. Most of the common calculators on the web REALLY fall apart at 1/4 circumference.

I was going to say, the controls look like LabVIEW, and by gum they are!

3. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

this is GREAT! I plan on using it for my next loop. I'm using a modified version of an older spreadsheet program.... and it does work, but it's clunky. I can't wait to give this one a try.

One comment: I'd move this post up to the Antenna section so that more people could see it.

4. KY8D

KY8D Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, it's LabVIEW 2018, built as an app for the Run-Time Engine. I provide both the *.exe and the source code.

5. KY8D

KY8D Subscriber QRZ Page

Not really sure quite how to move a post already posted.

6. KY8D

KY8D Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Screenshot of todays update. Many new features added.

7. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I noticed that the formulae in the STL book on ARRL's website are quite different from those in the Antenna Book. The authors of the former were trying to cover a more general case than the latter, but I do often wonder how "final" any of the commonly-available formulae are for STL construction.