Simplex Premotion

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W0AAV, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. N7CPC

N7CPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah!! I always wanted one of those gizmos you say "6-2 and even, over and out" to! Moon maid was a Babe too!

2. W0AAV

W0AAV Ham Member QRZ Page

must have been a show before my time........lol [​IMG]

3. KD7LDH

KD7LDH QRZ Member QRZ Page

This is kinda off the subject but Yesterday I was on simplex 146.54... get this there was a monkey on the air... the guy for like 10 or 20 minutes kept trying to get his monkey to talk on simplex... thought that was odd

4. W0AAV

W0AAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hum, A monkey........well I have heard some people on the air that had the mentality of a monkey; however, I cannot honestly say I have ever heard a true monkey on the air...maybe you were just on at the right time and was the lucky one to experience that lol. [​IMG]

5. W1XBS

W1XBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Monkey... cool

There was a local guy (God rest his soul) now a SK, whose dog would talk on 2 meters.

The dog even had a callsign, D0G.  Would bark on command into the microphone.  D0G wouldnt operate much and his conversations weren't the best, but it was cute nonetheless.

I dont think there is a rule that the operator has to be an actual human.

Ron, KA1KJZ [​IMG]

6. KB1GYQ

KB1GYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

TIME TO FIGHT

If you want simplex 2M FM, then we need to get the damn repeaters off our frequencies!!!!  Last night I ran into these two:

K2RFI, Bricktown NJ?, out 146.490, in 147.490, pl 127.3
    N1LFE, West Haven CT, out 147.505, in 146.505, pl 77.0

Both are in complete violation of the "band plan".

A brief search of http://www.artscipub.com/repeaters/ shows a fair handfull of these cancerous growths across the nation.

7. W1XBS

W1XBS Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KB1GYQ @ July 14 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">N1LFE, West Haven CT, out 147.505, in 146.505, pl 77.0[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    N1LFE was duly coordinated by TSARC in 1983 (then as N1DCS, owned incidentally by the CT section manager at the time)

According to the bandplan established by the then coordinating body, TSARC, 147.505 (and .49, .475, .46, .445, .43 and .415) are properly coordinated 1 meg split repeaters in this area. The ARRL bandplan has disclaimers all over it stating it can be superceded by local plan. Most every other coordinating body has embraced the 1meg split channels and have repeaters located on them.

CSMA has embraced the TSARC bandplan, but as useless as they are, it cannot be found anywhere and is a tightly guarded secret.

Ron [​IMG]

8. KB1GYQ

KB1GYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

When I found that repeater, I listened a while, and even had a short QSO or two. I have no doubts that it is being run completely above board; however I find repeaters coordinated in the middle of the simplex band to be absolutely egregious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.