ad: dxeng

Sikh Temple Shooting

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by N5PVL, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
  1. N5PVL

N5PVL Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

We had a Sikh guy working for us at HIPAS. I talk about him in Radio Science for the Radio Amateur. His hobby was commercial TV dxing....
  3. W4HAY

W4HAY Subscriber QRZ Page

Many people confuse Sikhs with Muslims. The religions, however, are quite different, one of the main differences being the role and status of women.
  4. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member QRZ Page

About as different as a dog is from a butterfly.
  5. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

IIRC, Heart ​did a song about that.
  6. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I used to work with several Sikhs, and they were great people to work with - very peaceful, very competent, very dependable.

Sikhs also have a reputation as brave, fierce fighters when they are compelled to do so. I'm not surprised that the president of the congregation did what he did. As I recall, the British used Sikh commandos in North Africa in WWII. One story I remember involved a large German detachment, camped on a hill overlooking the British position. Overnight, the Sikhs slipped into the German camp, and killed them all. The Germans feared these Sikhs more than anything else after that.

It's ironic that the Sikh religion arose in response to the violence between Muslims and Hindus, and now they're being attacked as Muslims. Apparently, we need to add some education in our schools about different ethnic groups. My kids are from Guatemala. That didn't stop a nice young skinhead in the junior high school from pinning my little son against a wall and telling him that he 'hated Chinese'.
  7. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

And you know where that kid got it... From his parents. Unfortunately, way too many people are prone to blame others for their own misfortune.
  8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's awful.

But it reminds me of a joke. Everything reminds me of a joke.

The one about Pearl Harbor, and ending with "Iceberg, Goldberg...":p
  9. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

I have both Sikhs and Muslims as neighbours, they are good people and good neighbours, you couldn't ask for better.

Brian G8ADD
  10. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a funny joke.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.