Signalink issues with any rig.

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by KC3SWL, Feb 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi
    I just wanted to let people know of a situation that might drive you insane.
    SIgnalink set up working fine, go away for 15 minutes and come back to see it wont work.
    Next two days spent ripping out different versions of FLDigi and WSJT-X on 3 separate hard drives with different flavors of Linux and WIn 7 on them.
    Situation would be FLDigi might work for a few minutes then suddenly lock up and blow up the RTTY QSO.
    Have to completely kill FLDigi to get pc to work again. Have to shut down radio manually.
    On WSJT-X it would send call out few times then suddenly stop and transmit light might or might not be on and the rig would be in receive mode while signalink is trying to transmit. Then to top it off no receive once transmit stopped .
    This drove me insane for 2 days trying to figure out if it was the settings in the signalink, the radio, or the sounds assignments on the various OS'.
    Moral of this story is check your USB cable and ensure no cracks , bends or other slight damage is visible. I bought a new one all these stupid issues went away immediately and now successfully logging multiple contacts on 40 and 80 meters.
    SO if you see any slight damage on the USB cable then replace to save yourself a headache or ten.

2. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Good to know ....