Sending American cash to a DX station

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K5RHA, Jul 23, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
  1. W7DCM

W7DCM Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

In addition to all the other excellent advice, a flat envelope is good:

My QSL return rate dramatically went up when I move away from the usual #10 envelopes to the European C6 envelope with a slightly smaller return envelope which fit inside flat, not folded. Same for any green stamps - flat, not folded.

As for stations who do not appear to QSL, work another. For the most part, the rare DX are often activated by DXpeditions who make QSL'ing a priority. Why waste your time on a station who won't QSL?

Also, check ik3qar.it/manager to see if the station has a QSL manager or ever QSL's.

Happy Hunting!

K5RHA likes this.
  3. VK3KTT

VK3KTT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

you will be waiting along time for a qsl from EA3JE he has a huge signal but doesn't qsl or else he would be qsling all day and not getting on the radio. be patient there are plenty of spanish stations that qsl

K5RHA and K5ABB like this.
  4. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

I sent money when I was chasing DXCC. Now if they don't do LoTW, I don't bother. I used to check qrz.com when I was working ssb in NJ. No LoTW, no talkie. I got a card from Alain in France with $2. I was so embarrassed I sent it back with my card (which I had to create myself with HP Photo Creations) har har

K5RHA and KG5THG like this.
  5. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

In my very active DXing days (7BDXCC and Honor Roll needing only P5) I sent a lot of paper QSL cards to foreign entities. I have never done electronic QSLing. An SAE with $1 in the old days,$2 more recently with absolutely nothing on the envelope to indicate ham radio or its contents generally got me (eventually) a return card. These days the only DX contacts I confirm are those resulting in me getting a card from them first--usually via the bureau.

K5RHA likes this.
  6. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I did that also with a card from Japan. I sent him my qsl card with his $2 back.

K5RHA and K2CQW like this.