ad: MyersEng-1

Seeking info about former W8EC Howard Frietag (SK?)

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W8NSI, Oct 16, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W8NSI

W8NSI Ham Member QRZ Page

I lost track of Howard when he moved to Texas. I worked with Howard in the AT&T Longlines microwave group in Grand Rapids, Michigan back in the 1980s. We used to practice cw at work. He was a a cw-only ham. All the time I knew him, he did not own a microphone for his hf station.
    When he moved to Texas after he retired, I tried to send a note once in a while but that seemed to peter out too. I see now that his call sign has been re-assigned and that would only happen if he passed on. Any information about his passing would be appreciated.

tnx es 73 de w8nsi/afa5ns jim

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

Howard V. Freitag was born on May 14, 1919 and died on October 30, 2008 at the age of 89.
    Howard last resided in Jacksonville, Cherokee County, Texas.

http://death-records.mooseroots.com/l/132205700/Howard-V-Freitag

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Howard V. Freitag, W8EC
    3750 Fm 1910 W
    Jacksonville, TX 75766

License Class: Extra
    License Issue Date: Jun 02 2006
    License Expiration Date: Aug 29 2016
    FCC Last Transaction: LIAUA
    FCC Licensee ID: L01015564
    FCC FRN Number: 0013454327

Birth Date: May 14 1919

W8NSI likes this.
  3. W8NSI

W8NSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the information, Lee. Time is passing quickly for me nowadays too. I feel all the more sad because he passed 8 years ago and I was busy on things and never noticed.
    RIP Howard. I hope that they have a CW operator position for you at that big hamshack in heaven.