ad: Rohn-1

SDRTec WonderRadio pix and PDF

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by W4INF, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: L-rfparts
  1. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

2. N0WVA

N0WVA Ham Member QRZ Page

Put it on the shelf and build a real radio. You did say constructive discussion. right?
  3. W4INF

Despite your negative opinion, there is a lot of interest in this radio, I hoped that the thread would be geared for these operators.

So much doom and gloom about anything that is NOT TenTec, etc.. etc.. Get a life, not everyone is made of $$$.

The WonderRadio is damn near a carbon copy of the SDR-1000, at a more affordable price.

My intent was not to create a static filled thread, but I guess it was in evadable.

4. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll one up you - put away those newfangled tube radios and play with a REAL spark gap transmitter. :rolleyes:

5. WR5AW

WR5AW Ham Member QRZ Page

Forget your new-fangled eelektrisity. Polish up your mirror. I see a scout on the horizon. :cool:
  6. KI4NGN

KI4NGN Ham Member QRZ Page

I've complained about new ham gear using RS-232 ports.

This one uses a parallel port??!?!

7. VU3WJM

VU3WJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Parallel port is used so as to make it compatible with PowerSDR software with SDR 1000 as hardware.

Additional USB to parallel cable is available.
  8. WA0LYK

WA0LYK Ham Member QRZ Page

You didn't show the whole radio!

9. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Laptops these days are still coming with parallel ports.

USB can be so finnicky. I like the simplicity of USB... but only when it works right.

Thankfully I use Ubuntu so it's a lot easier.
  10. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like an advertizement to me.
  11. W4INF

-.- .. ... ... / -- -.-- / .-
  12. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

"Kiss my a"? ROFL! So much "a" and so little time!
  13. W4INF

On a serious note, there has been a lot of discussion on this particular radio, but not much in the way of pictures or data. I provided that. Advertisement is paid for. I dont recall getting a payment from anyone, just ur lip service. :D

14. K2GSP

K2GSP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Get rid of the mirror. It's all about smoke signals.
  15. K4AX

K4AX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Who is making laptops with parallel ports? It's hard enough to find a desktop PC motherboard these days with a parallel port built in, still possible but fading fast.

16. AG3Y

AG3Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I LIKE IT ! ! ! Can you send me a unit for "evaluation" ? ? ? :) ;) :cool:
  17. WA9CWX

WA9CWX Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't like 'puter radios. I like dials, knobs, buttons, switches......HOWEVER looks VERY nice, and, I am sure it works great.

Also, of course, the ultimate flexibility of every aspect, from 'frequency' to ergonomics, and visual layout of the control sysstem, etc. is a HUGE advantage over what I was weaned on.....

But...Still, for me, I like knobs, dials, and a lightle 'heft'......:)
  18. WY6K

WY6K Ham Member QRZ Page

A real ad would include information on the manufacturer's web site and prices and ordering info etc. Not to mention specs and test results. Can you provide any of this?

19. W4INF

No, I cannot. This is not an ad hence is why you dont see that information, but I know what your intent is.

Anyone seriously interested should advise Google, the rest of the details are there.

20. K4AX

K4AX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FYI these guys gave up the ghost this week, they posted a notice on the Yahoo forum that they are no longer in business.

Lots of lost and damaged shipments.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.