ad: ProAudio-1

SCAMS are on the RISE -- 2019

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K9ZE, May 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K9ZE

K9ZE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello to my fellow legitimate QRZ members. Scams are on the rise and this week there have been a number spotted. I have had 4 my self including:

Someone with an expired call, and address not matching the QRZ. When I asked them to update their QRZ address, they disappeared.

My second attempt was an extremely low price quick sale --- a RED flag that has now been confirmed. The original call owner doesn't even have that radio that was posted.

My third is someone who trails other posts and will send you an email offering you the same radio that is being posted for a better price.

My fourth was someone who stated they were selling equipment for a sick friend. Problem is that checking with the "friend" I discovered that the email of the friend was invalid so no way to confirm anything.

Given these in a short few days -- I would not send anyone a money order/cashiers check, and make sure if you use PayPal you uses goods/services and follow the many rules outlined here in advance to verify.

W1TRY, NX1Q and AJ4GQ like this.