Scammer using AA3ZP call is contacting wanted posts. Not the real AA3ZP

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W8NVC, May 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W8NVC

W8NVC Ham Member QRZ Page

Guys, beware if you post an ad for wanted or whatever. A scammer using AA3ZP call siign.
    I spoke with the real AA3ZP and he knew of nothing for sale. Beware of this kind of scam,
    The scammer is using AA3ZP@oulook.com. This is NOT the real AA3ZP....
    The Scammers troll for wanted on QRZ and contact you with a ham that doe's not list there call sign on there QRZ page. They make up a fake email and represent themselves as honest amateurs. Always, Always Always BEWARE. If the call sign that emails you is not listed on the QRZ page. If you still think it's a scam,
    Tell them to put the same email address that they emailed you with on there QRZ page. This is a good way of checking. Also. it's not a good idea to take emails seriously that do not go through QRZ. Stick with email that comes only through QRZ.
    We as honest hams gotta stick together and STOP these thieves.

WB0MPB and WB5THT like this.
  2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps you could get the real AA3ZP to add his email and a disclaimer to his QRZ page?

KA2FIR, KB3VWG, NZ4X and 1 other person like this.
  3. KA1CDE

KA1CDE Ham Member QRZ Page

he tried it to scam me on the Alpha 9500, who is listed as AA3ZP, with Eric Ryan name at Gmail.com

When I asked him to call me, he did an 1.5 hrs later, barely speaks English telephone ID says Calf, not Deleware, he had nice pictures of the Alpha 9500, but immediately remove the add once I contacted him.

Watch out !

Ka1cde
    Pat

Ps I looked for Eric’s
    email could not find one to warn him,

4. K4MT

K4MT Ham Member QRZ Page

Just contacted me a few minutes ago

5. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Still no email address on AA3ZP's page. Maybe someone should drop him a note via US Mail.

6. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

If the scammer agrees to call you use carrierlookup.com to find out who their carrier is and report their phone number.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  7. K4MT

K4MT Ham Member QRZ Page

I told him to send me a picture of the item he has that I wanted. Figured the was the last of it.

He supplied pictures of the amp and power supply with a piece of paper with his call on it as I requested.

He has the outlook.com email address reported above. Dont know what his game is as I was surprised to see the picture. I called him out and told him he has been reported as a scammer. No follow up email as I suspected.