Scammer pretending to be Gary KA3FZO

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC9RF, Feb 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W1RK

W1RK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same scam yesterday except selling a FT-991. Transaction went forward with Paypal...he acknowledged payment and (thankfully) paypal refunded the payment overnight. Cammiah Mireles was the name of the recipient that used ka3fzoo@gmail.com. I also received email after seeking the status of some qrz adds that appeared to still be open. What can be done about this guy. Is he scanning adds, finding inquiries on the add page and then sending email? Surely the email address should provide a trail to find him?

2. W1RK

W1RK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Gary added a great disclaimer. Check it out.

4. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's my Gary! He dosen't mince words as you can tell. Finally glad to see he modified the page.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

KA2FIR likes this.
  5. KE8ILQ

KE8ILQ Ham Member QRZ Page

KA3FZOO@gmail.com Just tried to get me for a whopping $25. However I had already read this thread and the weird call email rang a bell.

KA2FIR likes this.
  6. KF4GA

KF4GA Ham Member QRZ Page

Apparently, I took the bait after he offered me a connect systems cs800d. I sent $200 via Paypal. Do you know of any recourse I might have to recoup my $$ from a transaction three weeks ago? Thanks Steve KF4GA

7. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve, if you paid with PayPal goods and services I believe you can file a dispute for fraud. I am not sure of the time span allowed to do this so get on PayPal today and see if you can get it done.

8. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Contact Paypal. Hopefully you didn't use Friends & Family.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ