SCAMMER KA4HBQ

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC7MG, Nov 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KC7MG

KC7MG Ham Member QRZ Page

I was approached by someone who gave me his call as KA4HBQ Frank G. Bale who had a Yaesu g5400 rotator for sale. The actual KA4HBQ is 89 years old and is not this person. If anyone receives email or info that he has an item for sale from KA4HBQ BEWARE !! IT IS A SCAMMER. I am now disputing the Paypal bill and hopefully will receive a refund. JACK KC7MG

2. KC3DSO

KC3DSO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Approached? An ad on here? or another site? Some details may help others avoid this guy. Also any contact info, city, state, etc.

Steven
    KC3DSO

3. KC7MG

KC7MG Ham Member QRZ Page

I originally placed a want for a Yaesu G5500 or G5400 and this guy answered .. Sent photos etc. sounded like the real thing until I found out the real Ka4HBQ knew nothing about this.

4. W7RAJ

W7RAJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was ripped off by this guy too. I put a want ad for a Heathkit HP-24 power supply. He sent pictures and we struck a deal. His header on his email even say Frank Bale. His Paypal account name is Figueroa Bussiness. I too have disputed this transaction with Paypal.

5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Jack,
    They are probably unaware that a scammer is using there call sign to scam others.

Send a short note via U.S. mail to there QRZ/FCC address asking them to look at this thread. Tell them to put a warning message in there bio page. This should stop most of the scams using there call sign.

For an example of warning messages.Se post #4 in the thread below.
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/scam-alert-homero-lozano-ab5hl.587581/