Scammed by call sign W3PWX

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W6GYV, Mar 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Or maybe N3PHP ?

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Keep looking.

3. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I cant use my call @ gmail, because it isnt long enough, gmail rules.

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Or maybe W0AJA. Sent you a "Conversation".

5. W7XH

W7XH Ham Member QRZ Page

W3PWX is an alias for N3PHP? What the heck? I purchased a MFJ 259 c using PayPal goods and services on Jan. 14, 2017. The package was shipped from Evans City , PA B
    bound for Tacoma, WA. Here is the tracking number USPS 9400 1096 9993 7247 0855 14
    The package was returned to Memphis TN. PayPal just refunded my money as I am posting this. HOw is it that this site allows alias callsigns ? I also filed a complaint with PayPal about Austin Ayers and the company StormTV.co the merchant account used to receive the funds that I sent. I also asked them to look into his friends and family activities for January in the amount of about $150.00. I hope PayPal takes action.

N3GBJ likes this.
  6. W7XH

W7XH Ham Member QRZ Page

BTW if you were ripped off by W3PWX and paid via PayPal, what merchant account did your money go to? I woulD like to share that information with PayPal.

7. W6GYV

W6GYV Ham Member QRZ Page

Same merchant account. I have contacted PayPal and informed them of this failed transaction
    thanks for your efforts.

8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

W3PWX was N3PHP and changed his call to a vanity in November 2016. QRZ should call that something other than "alias".

9. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

If you look up my call sign, NY8T, you will see my call before I received a vanity call (AC8QJ) listed as an alias. Not sure if that is why the other person is listed that way or not. I should add, I didnt do anything to cause that to be published that way, at least not to my knowledge. Perhaps a MOD can chime in here about alias's

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Apparently it is... he's had several previous callsigns.

K8MH likes this.