ad: AC6LA-1

Scam using my CallSign VE1JBC

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by VE1JBC, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-rl
  1. VE1JBC

VE1JBC Ham Member QRZ Page

On the 16 Apr 2013 I worked a Chinese station on cw, who kept getting the last letter of my call wrong, he used Club Log & sure enough the contact was copied incorrectly. I notice that he had an e-mail address on QRZ to which I responded advising him to make the correction in his log. The following day I received an official looking email that was allegedly sent by stating for security reasons my password had been changed. I inadvertently inserted the new password on the site and that is when the trouble began. The local authorities subsequently paid me a visit to determine if I was selling radio equipment over the internet via various websites and accepting money through PayPal. Needless to say this was all news to me as I have never used the internet for commercial purposes. Although I cannot prove that the e-mail to China set the wheels of this scam in motion, it does seem a bit of a coincidence. I can only emphasize what has been posted on this site in the scams drop down menu. Do not purchase anything over the internet from someone using my call & be sure to check the heading of any e-mail that is allegedly sent representing
  2. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Please forward the email to us at

Also, if you can research your specific mail program and get us the mail headers in an email, that would be very useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.