Scam Alert

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WW7Q, Aug 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WW7Q

WW7Q Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Got scammed by a "ROBERT FAIRCLOTH" on a reply to my "HAM RADIO GEAR WANTED" ad. He did not append his email with a callsign but did state that he accepted PayPal for payment. He provided an email address where to send the money to that was different from his own email address (PayPal says the email address is registered to "DWAYNE ANDERSON". I sent the funds to the email address provided and the following day (today) I received an email from him saying PayPal charged fees associated with that address. As such he said he refunded me the funds and gave me yet another email address to send the money to. Nice trick. He said to check to make certain I was refunded, which it had been, and have PayPal send the funds a second time, this time to "DEBBIE ELMER", his "business account" so he said. I became very suspicious and asked for his callsign and phone number so I could call him. Dead silence even though it was only two minutes from the time I received his email to the time I requested his phone number and callsign. I've disputed this with PayPal and I expect them to cover the fraud but just be aware of this scammer. The IP address was reported as a scammer out of Africa.

2. WW1SS

WW1SS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"He said to check to make certain I was refunded, which it had been,
    I've disputed this with PayPal and I expect them to cover the fraud"

I don't get it. If he refunded your money what is the fraud???

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

You put your email address in your WTB ad making it WORLD-READABLE! The moderator removed it but not before the scammers saw it.