RumLogNG Questions

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K8CD, Mar 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K8CD

K8CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm getting set up with RUmLogNG and so far I really like it. However, I'm trying to figure out if there is any way to color code QSO's based upon their LoTW status in the logbook. For example, when I work a station it is marked as 'W', sent to LoTW is 'S', and 'X' is for confirmed in LoTW. Can I color code each of those? It would make looking at the log so much easier than a white wall of text.

Also, I'm using JT Bridge, WSJT-X, and RumLoGNG. Can anyone tell me if there are any benefits to using RumLoGNG with CAT control for the radio?

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I don't think the color coding can be done automatically in the case you gave, but it can be done manually. I may be wrong, though, and would have to go back and look.

As far as allowing RUMlogNG to have CAT control, yes there are benefits. What if you're not using WSJT-X and want to do CW or SSB instead such as when the hot new DX pops up in the DX cluster? Or perhaps, you want to alternate between FLDIGI and WSJT-X and SSB/CW all without having to stop one piece of software/CAT control and start another. In all of these cases, when RUMlogNG has CAT control it can track the frequency, trigger PTT, and log the frequency accurately and automatically.

3. K9JRI

K9JRI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have both RumLogNG and MacloggerDX on my MBP and find that hole both are great programs MacLoggerDX provides more functions such as the color coding you want and direct, color coded interfaces to WSJT-X without the requirement to use JT Bridge.

When using WSJT-X I let it provide CAT control for the radio (Elecraft K3s) as it handles the automatic split TX functions better than MLDX but when using any other mode I use MLDX for Cat control. It is a simple check box on the main screen to turn CAT on/off on MLDX.

While MLDX is not free software it is well worth the price.

73 - mike - K9JRI

4. K8CD

K8CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have MLDX as well. Both are great programs and I like some of the features of RumLogNG but the lack of color coding is a thing for me. I'm not sure if I'll stick with RumLogNG at this point. I do like it, but its got a few quarks that I don't like. Aside from the lack of color coding, the lack of a R click option, no auto uploads.... etc etc etc. The map is nice in RumLogNG whereas the map in MLDX is laggy. /shrug