RumlogNG, FLdigi, Microham Microkeyer II and Ftdx3000 issues

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by WA2BFW, Jan 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA2BFW

WA2BFW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am having one heck of a time getting the above configuration to work in the digital modes. First, am I correct in saying that FLdigi in no way can support the true FSK mode offered by the microkeyer and the rig? I have to run it in AFSk mode?
    Also, how do I get the Fldigi log information sent automatically to RumlogNG?
    I'm kinda bummed because I missed last weekend's RTTY roundup because I could not get things to work. And right after I get FLdigi working I need to dive into WSJT-x. and finally get my lp-pan 2 to play nice with my mac mini.
    I am going to stay away from Windoz no matter what.
    Any help is appreciated.
    thanks
    Marv wa2bfw

2. K3DCW

K3DCW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Most of these questions can be answered from the RUMlogNG help available from the Help menu in RUMlogNG.

Fldigi does support "pseudo-FSK", for use with microHam products and which can be configured in the microHam setup screen in RUMlogNGs preferences. I've never set it up this way, but you should be able to make it work by selecting the appropriate setting in RUMlogNG (under the FSK options) and in Fldigi (Configure, Audio, Right Channel, "Pseudo-FSK on right channel."

Log information from Fldigi to RUMlogNG is usually transferred through the use of an AppleScript. Instructions and links to the Scripts can be found in the FAQ, again in the RUMlogNG help.

I hope this helps you get started.

3. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

As far as I know, only the Digi Keyer II provides the pseudo FSK feature. The common used microKeyer II don't support pseudo FSK. :-(
    Since I don't like AFSK I used a similar setup successful with: RUMlogNG, Fldigi, DKII and a K3. Fldigi can drive the DKII to get real FSK. I don't operate other digital modes.

Currently RUMlog don't support the FSK transmit function in the MKII or DKII, but I think about it. You can just program and use the microHAM device internal FSK memories.

Which microHAM device do you use?

A good starting point is to bring the thinks working together is this sequence:
    • Get RUMlog working with your TRX and the ┬ÁHAM interface (CAT settings)
    • Get Fldigi working stand alone
    • Configure RUMlog and Fldigi for exchanging TRX- and QSO data: http://nf4l.com/NGConfig/default.htm

4. K3DCW

Thanks for chiming in, Tom. I haven't used the microHAM stuff, nor RUMlogNG for a while (unfortunately)...ever since I got my Flex.

5. WA2BFW

RumlogNG is working fine stand alone with my yaesu ftdx3000 and microkeyer 2.
    FLdigi does not work properly stand alone. it immediately keys my transmitter upon startup and It does not work with the microkeyer 2 and the radio in RTTY/FSK mode. If I put it in AFSK it will work but there is no rig control or display of frequency.

6. K3DCW

Again, the help is your friend. You have to configure RUMlogNG to send the frequency to Fldigi and configure Fldigi to receive XML-RPC. All of this is shown in the Help file and is configured under the Fldigi tab of the preferences in RUMlogNG.

7. DL2RUM

Marv, it is important to understand, that only one application can have access to the transceiver. When RUMlog is doing the CAT, do not configure any rig control in Fldigi. Just enable xml-rpc in Fldigi.
    RUMlog will send mode and frequency data to Fldigi and RUMlog will switch the PTT for Fldigi if required.

8. WA2BFW

ok guys, first of all, thanks for all the help.
    RumlogNG and Fldigi are tracking frequencies. I can send RTTY only if I put the rig is USB mode. Since there is no hamlib file for the ftdx3000 I am using the XML-RPC path with RumlogNG doing the CAT and PTT switching. thats working fine
    next step is the transfer of the qso data.
    I do have a question though. Why does the RumlogNG microkeyer config screen have the FSK optins in it if that serial port cannot be passed to FLdig so that true FSK was possible?
    I am off to get the qso xfer of info working.
    wish me luck

9. DL2RUM

The microKeyer configuration window is just to configure internals in the microKeyerII. The MKII is a very complex device. You can set all the FSK options, connect a simple PS/2 keyboard and send out FSK. In RUMlog you can start the DKII RTTY memories.

Fldigi doesn't work together with a microHAM device, that it is.

10. DL2RUM

One more note: The DKII (Windows) software concept is based on virtual COM ports. A similar technique isn't available under macOS. There is no easy way to get access to the functions of the DKII, MKII or StationMaster. Even the CAT control isn't available without a software bridge between. Only the audio codecs work out of the box.