RT3 / RT3S / MD380 - DTMF Signalling

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by DL1AD, May 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. DL1AD

DL1AD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi everyone,
    I bought a Retevis RT3S recently and I am struggeling with dtmf. I would like to send dtmf tones from my keypad on analog FM channels (just like I am used to from analog devices), so I can control EchoLink repeaters from my keypad.
    Thing is: I can set a Tx Signalling System per channel (I suppose that is what I am looking for) (see figure 1) but the DTMF signalling section is not really self explaining. It has 32 fields to encode (but just 16 Buttons on the front of the radio) and a lot more settings like "KeyDown Encode" and "KeyUp Encode" (see figure 2 and 3).
    Sadly there is no proper documentation. DTMF is listed as "Encryption" in the official manual and not helpful at all tbh.
    So can someone give me a hint on how to set this properly to be able to control a repeater on a certain "channel"?
    Any help appreciated,
    DO7JH
    rt3s-1.PNG

rt3s-2.PNG
    rt3s-3.PNG

2. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Each key actually activates 2-different tones. The "DT" indicates "dual tone". That is why there are 32-fields with only 16-buttons.

The 4th column keypads were often called "Autovon" in this country because of the military application that was a major use of these 16-button keypads.

Glen, K9STH