ad: Alphaant-1

Roger P. Beer, W6OQV SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Jun 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Roger P. Beer, W6OQV SK

[​IMG]

10-10 Number: 60384
    QCWA Number: 25869

On Monday, June 12, 2017, surrounded by his family, Roger Paul Beer passed away in Clovis, CA.
    Roger was born in Twin Falls, ID, on September 20, 1940.
    His family moved to Fresno, CA four years later where Roger remained until he graduated from Fresno High School, class of 1958.
    Upon his graduation, Roger enlisted in the United States Air Force which introduced him to new places, including Germany.
    Roger was very accomplished in his professional career, serving as the circulation manager for a major newspaper, and owning a family monument business, Beer Monuments.
    In his spare time, he enjoyed a wide variety of hobbies including being an amateur radio operator, hunting, fishing, skiing, and anything involving the great outdoors.

Roger loved life and never met a stranger. Roger's greatest accomplishments in his life were his three daughters, Andrea, Nikki, and Kerri. Between his daughters, he was gifted with ten grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, sons-in-law, and grandchildren by marriage.

In addition to his family, Roger was blessed with amazing friendships that spanned from Hawaii to South Dakota.

Roger was preceded in death by his father, Harley Beer; mother, Lorene Beer; and sister, Marilyn Beer.
    He is survived by his sister, Dee Ann DeFendis; his first wife and the mother of his children, Margret Wilms; his second wife, Linda Beer; his daughter, Andrea Brown and her husband Mike; his daughter, Nikki Clay and her husband Robert; his daughter, Kerri and her fiance Chris; his grandchildren, Nikolas, Samantha, Zachary, Anna, Steven, Erik, Alex, Benjamin, Matthew, Sophie; his great-grandchildren, Wyatt, Donovan, and Maxon; in addition to countless cousins, nephews, nieces, and friends.

A Funeral Service will be held in his honor at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church on Tuesday, June 20, 2017, at 10:00 a.m.
    A Graveside Service will immediately follow at Mountain View Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the Hinds Hospice Home located at 2490 W. Shaw Ave., Suite 101, Fresno, CA 93711.
    Published in the Fresno Bee on June 18, 2017
    - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fr...-paul-beer&pid=185827178#sthash.XvgTSMv6.dpuf

2. WA6SWM

WA6SWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Paul, How did you hear about Roger's passing?
    He was the sole reason I became an Amateur Radio Operator. When he and my Aunt Margie moved to Sioux Falls, SD in 1971 I passed my Novice test so I could QSO w/him using split freq.
    SSB/CW so my Family could hear him too. His call was WBOGMU then. His first callsign was WN6WQV an later WB6WQV when he was Circulation MGR of Visalia Times Delta here in CA. He set the Status Bar high in my Family and was my mothers last sibling. I will never forget what my Uncle Rog meant to me. Thank you for doing this so I do not have to. Does QST need to be notified as of late?
    Vy 73's
    Vince
    WA6SWM...

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My name is Lee, K2HAT

My Condolences in the Loss of your Beloved Uncle.

I have notified the ARRL that W6OQV has passed away, and in a few months the Silent Key list in QST should Honor Roger's having become SK,
    that usually takes 2-4 months.

I look online at Obituaries for the Keywords, Ham Radio, and Amateur Radio, several days per week,
    and then let the ARRL know, about the sad news that one more of our Friends has become Silent Key.
    I also Honor the SK's Memory by editing their QRZ Page to show the person is Silent Key, and also let Hamcall.net know this information too.

I started to do this several years ago, after delivering some Radiograms to Silent Key's homes,
    and had a few people cry when I asked for a person who was Silent Key, to try and wish them Happy Birthday, or Remind them to Renew their Amateur Radio License.

I think it is important to remember and Honor our Departed Friends.

I do not post very many in this Forum, less than 10%.

Yesterday I emailed many SK notices, I had not done any for 3 days and am still not caught up.
    Sadly more folks pass away every day, and I can not find many of the Silent Keys, and do not have enough hours in the day to do a thorough search on Expired Call Signs.

upload_2017-6-22_8-9-14.png