ad: hrd-2

RIPPED OFF!!!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AF4MM, Apr 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. AF4MM

AF4MM Ham Member QRZ Page

This may not be the way to do this, but I have very good reason to say that a fellow ham is a scam artist. AB4WM Ruben Gordon and I entered an agreement That would allow me to purchase a FT101E from him.THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ON THE SWAPMEET SITE.This happened around APR.1. I have yet to have any corresponse with this man. The payment has been made through paypal. Just letting you guys know, in case this guy ever posts ANYTHING for sale on the swapmeet page. Thanks for reading this notification. 73's AF4MM

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, you were taken in by a scammer using Ruben Gordon's name and callsign when you responded to the scammer's unsolicited email offering you a great deal. You can file a claim with PayPal unless you used F&F. The real AB4WM's email and phone number are readily available on the internet, if you want to confirm.
    More info on the scammer: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/ab4wm.605943/

KA2CDT likes this.
  3. AF4MM

Tnx for the reply, I've already escalated the matter with paypal. This "person" sent pics of the radio, as I asked himto. The flag went up the pole when the funds shifted to his "daughter's" account!

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad you're on top of it. Was the daughter Anna Marshall in Evanston, Ill?

5. AF4MM

christina miller in fla

6. NO2Y

NO2Y Ham Member QRZ Page