ad: Mountaingoat-1

Rikard Wärff, SM1CQA

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by SA1CKE, Oct 20, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My friend Rikard Wärff SM1CQA passed away yesterday.

He suffered from health issues since several years, but had a clear mind all the time.

Rikard-1024x692[1].jpg
    Rikard in 1961.

ON3TVC likes this.
  2. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to hear.
    I first got to know Rikard when dealing with naval coast radio in the mid-80's.

Then our paths crossed again when the move of the Stockholm Radio transmitter facilities in the Baltic to Gotland was done in 2004,
    and when Tingstäde Radio SAE celebrated 100 years in 2012.

He and his XYL Christina also helped out with the arrangements at the recent
    Nordic HF Conferences (www.nordichf.org) in 2013 and 2016.

He will be greatly missed in both professional and amateur radio circles.

RIP Rikard, and our thoughts are with his family.

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

ON3TVC, W5BIB and SA1CKE like this.
  3. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

sae.jpg

Rikard at the rignt photographed at Tingstäde Radio in 1992 as a Lieutenant in the Swedish Navy.

ON3TVC and SA1CKE like this.
  4. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And the Obituary, sorry for it being in Swedish.
    [​IMG]

5. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Rikard Wärff - Silent Key
    [​IMG]
    Photo: Christer Wennström
    Our FRO member Rikard Wärff in Gothem has died after a time of illness. He passed away on October 19, 74 years old.

Rikard, a member of FRO since 1986, was a dedicated radio amateur (SM1CQA) and well-known and respected both within and beyond Sweden's borders. For many years he worked as a radio telegraphist in the trade fleet and Tingstäde Radio.

Since Rikard became a member of FRO, he has trained many telephonists and telegraphists as well as a number of radio amateurs. Rikard's primary task within FRO was to be responsible for the reserve relationship.

FRO Gotland remembers him with deep reverence.

https://gotland.fro.se/f42/2716-silent-key-–-rikard-wärff

ON3TVC and SA1CKE like this.
  6. ON3TVC

ON3TVC Ham Member QRZ Page

Kära Rikard, jag har just hört med sorg din död.

I maj 2016 träffade jag dig under din semester med husbil på Gotland. När i klubbhuset i GRK bjudde du mig att besöka dig under min resa till ditt hem, bara utan att du kände mig ...
    Några dagar senare kom jag för att besöka dig. Jag kommer inte att glömma den fina eftermiddagspromenaden, våra aktiviteter i din "mangrotta" som du kallade din radiohack, det var en stor ära att lära av dig och väldigt trevligt att vara inblandad i hobbyen.
    Också de fina världsliga samtalen vi hade den kvällen med Christina och den läckra laxmat är ett ögonblick som jag fortfarande tycker om.

Jag skulle ha älskat att träffa dig igen och såg redan fram emot att visa dig mina första självtalade fraser svenska med viss stolthet och mina planer på att komma och arbeta på Gotland och dela livet ...

Jag vill uttrycka min medkänsla till Christina och barnen.

Thomas Van de Casteele
    ON3TVC

Dear Rikard, I have just heard with sadness your death.

In May 2016 I met you during my vacation with the motorhome on Gotland Island. When in the clubhouse of GRK you invited me to visit you during my trip at your home, just without you knowing me ...
    A few days later I came to visit you. I will not forget the fine afternoon walk, our activities in your 'man cave' as you called your radioshack, it was a great honor to learn from you and very pleasant to be involved with the hobby.
    Also the fine world-wise conversations we had that evening with Christina and the delicious salmon food are a moment that I still cherish.

I would have loved to meet you again and was already looking forward to let you hear my first self-spoken phrases Swedish with some pride, and to share my plans to live and work on Gotland ...

I wish to express my condolences to Christina and the children.

Thomas Van de Casteele
    ON3TVC

7. SM1TDE

SM1TDE Ham Member QRZ Page

Rikard was a close friend for over 25 years.
    Sadly missed.

SM1TDE