ad: elecraft

RG-6 vs RG-58

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by N4JWA, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: Left-2
  1. KC0YEJ

KC0YEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

MFJ-269, pages 11 and 12, "Advanced 3" menu allows the user to set impedence references for Z0 other than 50 Ohms. Page 31 (Section 5.6) shows more details on the Advanced 3 menu. Section 5.6.1 shows the Z0 reference menu. (Page 32)

Brian

The Manual

2. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Brian , thanks , now that you mention it that sounds familiar , but from one of the Utube videos that MFJ did .
    I would like to get the collection of those videos .
    I have not gotten into the advanced part of the manual yet , I can't wait till winter is over so I can do some more experimenting .

3. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Brian! When they come out with the 269B, and the 269 price drops as a result, maybe I'll get one.

4. KC0YEJ

KC0YEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd love to have an MFJ-269 myself, actually. One of these days, when it has become bargain-bin cheap, I'll be able to afford one. In the meantime, this old MFJ-207 I bought at a Hamfest will have to do. No fancy-schmancy menus on THIS analyzer! ;)

Brian

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Well if somebody wants to give me a ridiculous amount of money for my 259B I guess I'll just strain my brain a bit longer doing the conversion.

6. KA0GKT

KA0GKT Ham Member QRZ Page

If you make sure that your transmission line is a multiple of an electrical half wavelength, then the terminating impedance will be reflected at the input regardless of the charecteristic impedance of the transmission line.

7. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Which isnt pratical in many if not most installations at least on HF. For single band feedlines its simpler to use an asynchronous matching section.

Carl

8. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

RG-6 for Ka band DSS is pure copper. A few high performance LNBs for digital DVB-S2 transponders also caution against copper clad RG-6 for the same reason; they don't want the DC losses while powering the LNBs.

9. VK1OD

VK1OD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, you only have to go to Ebay and search for "RG6 solid copper" or Google the same terms to find that RG6 with a homogeneous copper centre conductor is readily available. CCS is not the only option!

Owen

10. KA5S

KA5S Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey! I was down the road at the EMI/Tempest audit lab in Tewksbury from late 83 until the layoff in early 87.

Cortland
    KA5S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.