ad: Radclub22-1

RFinder - The World Wide Repeater Directory now has Jamming Reports!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Apr 27, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W2CYK

W2CYK Ham Member QRZ Page

They do not have access to the system...only coordinators of anti-jamming activities.

2. W2CYK

LOL...I think you know they will get out their direction finding equipment! LOL Coax pins....funny...haven't heard that in a while...

3. N2OBM

N2OBM Ham Member QRZ Page

And the "self-policing" aspect of amateur radio takes a hit!
    Although I would rather Folks just 'callout' the jammer (peer pressure is a powerful tool), however, history is full of examples where words have failed.

W2CYK likes this.
  4. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wasn't there a story recently about a jammer who was a jammer-hunter?

Who will these coordinators be, and what do they plan on doing about the jamming?

Sounds to me like one of these silly tactical paramilitary groups; the guys hoarding ridiculous quantities of AR-15s.

I've tried; I've really tried to appreciate the things you guys have been doing. But I just can't. I actually find it disturbing that ARRL is partnered with you.

AD0JA and WA7PRC like this.
  5. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What did K1MAN and guys like him do when they were called out? Seems to me they thrive on that.

Having a bunch of secret coordinators playing cop is really bothersome. What if a bunch of us conspired against you and all independently, wrongfully, reported you as a jammer? What's your recourse?

AD0JA and WA7PRC like this.
  6. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Crap--I hope they don't think I'm a jammer! I am still learning and occasionally screw up, but its never intentional :confused:

7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Jammers, Jammers, Jammers!!! the only really troublesome Jammers are the $#$#&*#$^*# who Jam DX stations!
    the rest are just a minor annoyance!
    But DXING is serious business, and those Jammers need to be stomped on!!!!

8. W2CYK

No matter what we do there is always an argument against it...sometimes I feel like Rodney Dangerfield...

I have a feeling that would be an extreme situation...

I have a feeling there are enough Judeo/Christians around that would cite the 8th or 9th commandment (depending on who's counting)...not to bear false witness against thy neighbor and stop that silliness...

Normally when a machine is owned or managed by a club, there is due process regarding these things...

They are not secret coordinators...trying to keep it out of the hands of vigilantes, and the jammers themselves ;) ...but like I said, no matter what we do there will be nay-sayers...so we have 2 options...Do or Do Not...as disciples of Yoda...we choose do...

9. W2CYK

More Juice!!!!! LOL

10. W2CYK

You're doing a great job! LOL

11. W2CYK

We try to be loved by everyone....but alas....

I am a 2nd amendmenter...AR15s are fun!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  12. KG5MLS

KG5MLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't beat me up on this question since I am new and very green to the hobby. But is this really a problem with people intentionally going out and jamming signals? If it is jammed, what does one usually here on the receiving end, a tone or white noise? Some times I will key my mike to make sure I am hitting a repeater if the frequency is clear just so I can here a tone back from the repeater. Is this considered "jamming?"

KG5MLS

13. AF7TS

AF7TS Ham Member QRZ Page

Keying the mic to see if you can hit the repeater is not jamming; it is 'kerchunking' and a different sort of improper operation.

1) You are required to ID! Even for just a short test. So you should at a minimum transmit your call sign.

2) 'Kerchunking' annoys other repeater users. Much more appropriate to say what you are about, eg. '<call sign> testing', or '<call sign> signal check', or '<call sign> on the xx machine', or whatever is standard in your area. 2m and 70cm repeater operation tends to have local practices, so you will need to _listen_ to see how people use your machine, and then emulate in a reasonable fashion.

Jon
    AF7TS

W2CYK likes this.
  14. KK2DOG

KK2DOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I know...perhaps we should do NOTHING and then COMPLAIN about it.
    At least Bob's trying !

K3RW likes this.
  15. WB6MMJ

WB6MMJ Ham Member QRZ Page

435 needs to be taken off of the air and Roger `s license needs to be revoked and a hefty fine issued.