ad: wmr-1

RFinder for Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod has been released!!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W2CYK, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G1FXE

G1FXE Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob,

Screenshot illustrating the keyboard issue attached.

BTW. is there a more suitable place to discuss this rather than this forum ?

photo.PNG

Rgds,
    Peter.....

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. KB3YLQ

KB3YLQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I reported the same keyboard bug. He said he will bring it to the attention of the developer right away. All in all though, a good app. Much better than a book that could be out of date at publication or with errors that can't be corrected! I think it's a great resource for hams. There are bound to be hiccups at first, but this is still a great tool to have when mobile.

3. G1FXE

Glad to know i'm not he only one with his issue. I'll happily wait for he fix.

Peter.....

4. W2CYK

W2CYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes we know about it and are putting out a fix but Apple takes a week or so to release so it might be a couple weeks...

In the meantime, we are making it possible to edit repeaters on web.rfinder.net...will keep you all posted on the prograess of both...

Loren....tx for the kind words despite the bug!

Bob

5. W2CYK

Update: Fix has been submitted to Apple...should take a week to make it to the App Store...thankfully this is a bell and whistle...the app is working fine. Updating repeaters from the web at http://web.rfinder.net should be live by Monday evening.

Tx Peter es Loren for reporting this so we could get it fixed!

73's

Bob

6. W2CYK

7. G1FXE

Thanks, having checked the website the 'corrections' I was going to submit are already present. I'll patiently await the release from Apple.

tnx,
    Peter.....

8. KC2YU

KC2YU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info and background.

It sounds like the data source is not for public disclosure, which I certainly respect.

Is there a trial period so that a user can determine the usefulness of the data for his specific area?

Thanks and 73,

Joseph

9. KB3YLQ

KB3YLQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The updated version just hit the app store this morning. I updated and the keyboard bug when updating is now fixed. Being able to update information is where this app really shines! Good that it's now working. I made a correction to my local repeater's PL tone and also added the offsets to a few repeaters that were missing. This will be a great resource as people start updating it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.