ad: MLSons-1

RFinder for Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod has been released!!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W2CYK, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Got my three 9's, no regrets.

2. W2CYK

W2CYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, man...you are right on re the entitlements...its the undoing of the WORLD. And thanks for the kind words...G-d bless America!

73's
    Bob

3. W2CYK

Ken...Nicola's lab was in Rocky Point, the next town over...I'm a fan too...

Thanks for your support!!!

Bob

4. W2CYK

I've got great news! Get RFinder and you can get one of the OTHER "free gifts"!!!!

I know...you thought I saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico...i didn't...

5. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I bought it and its a peice of crap! I deleted it back off my android phone for some reason it drain my battery I did a uninstall and presto battery not draining now.

6. W2CYK

Stevie...

Not likely the app. I never got a support request from you on this. The app is passive, fyi except for allowing the phone to update the location in the header (either from GPS or Cell Tower location) and the recalculating the grid square from that...in otw a whole lot of nuthin. And it'd have to be open.

You are entitled to your opinion, but calling my work a piece of crap in public just isn't very nice. Especially since you didn't ask for support before formulating your opinion. Thousands of other users would disagree. How would you like it if I called you names in public or insulted your website or shack? People would think I was a some kind of a maroon! Besides, you are using faulty logic....

Sheesh...now down to business....

Couple things...

I see you first installed an early version on an android back on 4/6/2011. (You were one of our first users! Thanks!)
    We were updating fast and furious back then...bug fixes and adding functions like crazy.
    I see you upgraded on 4/7/11 and 4/14/11 but didn't referesh your phone's data until 10/12/11. The system gave you no data as your version was so out of date it was not serviceable and told you onscreen to upgrade in The Market. The system emailed you after your fourth attempt (we assume that you missed the notification on the screen to upgrade and shoot out a notification via email). In all you attempted to update the phone's database 8 times on 10/12/11.
    Then on 3/15/12 you finally upgraded and got data. You queried the following:
    Just east of Denver got 230 machines
    Southwest coast of UK got 12 machines
    NW of Saint Louie 2X got 89 machines

Could you please email bobg@w2cyk.net the following?:

1. Phone Model
    2. From serttings->About phone the Android version information
    3. Was the 10/12/11 incident on a new phone?
    4. At what point did you notice the battery consumpton issue? April, October or March this year?
    5. Were you using cell tower or satellite location services
    6. What do you normally leave up on your phone for wireless stuff...ie bluetooth, wifi, GPS
    7. Your screen settings...Auto or a percent and what is that percent (I normally leave fixed 30% and raise it if I need it...makes a big dif)
    8. Look around in your settings...many newer phones have a function to see what is using battery and what percentage by app. Reset the stats if it has that function and reinstall...use RFinder a couple times and after a day check the battery usage by app. If you phone doesn't have that there are free apps that do...have a look in the market

Like I said shoot me an email with the above I will try to help you...with your phone...its not the app.

73's

You can always call me...516.807.0697

Bob

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  7. W5RYM

W5RYM Ham Member QRZ Page

HOWDY... I purchased the subscription, but don't see where to register. E-mail confirmation arrived for Paypal, but there is no password info.

8. N6MEJ

N6MEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob,

An excellent response. There will always be those that...well anyway, someone gave me a penny, so here are my thoughts.

The App, it's simplicity of use and accuracy of data all speak to the superior quality of your work. You need not defend it. Yes, most of the data might be accessible through a search engine...though it may take a while to define a search that provides the level of detail your App provides with but a few keystrokes.

I won't go near the matter of cost for the App, that would engender far to much flaming.

Keep up the good work.

N6MEJ/Jerry
    From my iPhone

9. W2CYK

TX Jerry...I get thank you letters every day...from all over the world...some great stories too about how this or that...I'm glad you like it! Please put some feedback in the app store!

88's

Bob :)

10. M1CYI

M1CYI Ham Member QRZ Page

Dose it work on ipod touch 3rd gen ? as i have seen it on itunes for £6.99 GB Pounds

11. W2CYK

Yes...a 3rd Gen np...2 Gen I don't think so...

12. KI6LZ

KI6LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Free is free! Go for it.....I know a friend that can tell you the name of every baseball player, their number on the uniform, their age and where they went to school.......etc.....................some are just addicted to statistics...

13. G1FXE

G1FXE Ham Member QRZ Page

Having just downladed the app first impressions are very good. A couple of minor issues though:

checking my local repeaters/irlp node some frequencies are rounded up. IE 145.3375 is shown as 145.338. Why the rounding ?

If i try to edit the example above the Submit button is covered by the keyboard, without the hide keyboard button being displayed (return is displayed instead) i can't perform any updates.

Am i missing a trick here ?

btw tried this on both iphone and ipad

cheers,
    Peter.....

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  14. W2CYK

We have a few stragglers that had the rounding issue...mostly in Europe. It came from one of our early data sources.

I see you are on your device just south of Wellingborough so that jives...We are about to reload all of UK from scratch to fix that and a few commas in frequencies...probably just after Dayton.

Please go into the repeater detail screen (just touch the repeater in the list) and click request update make the change and submit...it'll be live Monday morning. We stage all change requests till Mon 0100Z. Thanks for catching it!

Bob

15. G1FXE

G1FXE Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob
    Tnx for the quick reply, i'm glad its not a user (me) issue ;-)
    However the 2nd issue mentioned in my previous post stops me from submitting updates, IE. the submit button is covered by the keyboard and the minimize keyboard button is not displayed (return is shown instead).

Have tried attaching a screenshot to illustrate the keyboard problem but the ipads not playing ! Will upload when im at the pc.

rgds,
    Peter.....

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.