Requesting remote help for IC-7300 with FT-8

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by W0XS, Dec 27, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Try this. Go to the WSJT-X frequency tab in settings, right click inside the frequency table, reset will be an option, click on that.

ND6M likes this.
  2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

You noticed the RED and Yellow frequency display and no "band indication" to the left of it too.

3. W0XS

W0XS Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a green circle with an “S” between the band and frequency display, does that mean I’m in split mode?

4. W0XS

W0XS Ham Member QRZ Page

Many thanks to James Baxter K0UA who spent a lot of time on the phone and Teamviewer with me to get my WSJT-X software for FT8 to work again. It seems a critical file had gone missing that was not part of the new version download, and a couple of other issues!!! Thanks so much James!

K4AGO, AA7QQ and W5PFG like this.
  5. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hams helping hams... Just like we are supposed to.... My hat is off to you James for helping George .... BRAVO !!! and Thank you from all of us hams.
    John
    K4AGO

6. K5XOM

K5XOM Ham Member QRZ Page

I a few months ago I had been using FT8 with my IC-7300 with out any problems. Had the instruction written down so that when I used it the settings were correct.
    I got away from it for awhile and didn't get on the air in FT8 mode.
    So here I am today trying work with it. The problem I am having is I don't get any messages in the Band Activity window from stations transmitting. The waterfall is relatively filed with signals though. I have gone through checking setting in the program as well as the IC-7300, but something just isn't right. It's beyond me at this point.

7. K5XOM

K5XOM Ham Member QRZ Page

I probably should have made a new thread.

8. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Is your PC clock correct?

9. K4MJA

K4MJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you using WSJT-X 2.0? The new version is not compatible with 1.9 and older; everybody is on it now