REQUESTING CONFIRMATIONS

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by MM7GEM, Jul 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. MM7GEM

MM7GEM Ham Member QRZ Page

HI GUYS , IM A NEW USER , when using my logbook im ticking the box at the end of the record and using actions tab , request confirmation , very few get the little grey dot ( confirmation pending ) why do some logbook entrys not respond with the grey dot ?? whats wrong ?? many thanks 73"s

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The request can only be issued to a QRZ logbook participant; their callsigns are in bold-blue font. Those in simple-black font do not.

Whether or not the party responds is up to that party.

3. MM7GEM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH , THAT EXPLAINS IT , NO DOT MEANS THEY HAVE NO LOGBOOK !! 73"S

4. MM7GEM

i am finding stations that do actually have logbooks on their page but their callsign is black text , and i cant ask for confirmation , why is this ? thank you

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Cite one or two examples to enable further investigation.

6. MM7GEM

9H5BZ has a logbook but i cant confirm my qso , its black text , why ? thank you

7. MM7GEM

HB9CCL another logbook but cant confirm my qso ?

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Looks to me that he simply no longer participates in the QRZ logbook - the latest entries are from five years ago and he makes it clear how he wants to QSL

So just keep working stations until another HB9 comes along who DOES participate in the QRZ logbook

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2019-7-26_12-54-35.png

9. W1DQ

W7UUU makes a valid analysis.

The logbook date ranges of the worked parties logbooks have both expired at the time of your QSO with them; hence they choose to no longer participate.

10. MM7GEM

ok thank you , it seems you not only need a logbook but it needs to be kept updated by its owner , that explains it , bit of a shame that they just dont keep on working , people probably forget , thank you again , 73"s