replacement mic for HTX-100

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by KB1JFQ, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KB1JFQ

KB1JFQ Ham Member

hello all, looking for some suggestions on a replacement mic for my HTX-100. thanks

2. W9PSK

W9PSK Ham Member

Go to Ken's Electronics. They sell one there just for the HTX 100. It has the up and down buttons included and runs about $40.

3. KB1JFQ

KB1JFQ Ham Member

Thanks I'll go take a look at what they have. 73

4. KU4UV

KU4UV Ham Member

If you can find a Kenwood Mic, they should work with the HTX-100. My brother used to have a TS-50, and the mic worked worked fine on my HTX-100.

KU4UV

5. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member

I put a commercial Kenwood mike on my HTX. Had to solder a connector on the end to the right pins. It didn't have any up/down buttons, but the audio is superb. I never got many compliments on the original mike, but got a lot on the replacement. "Can't believe that is an HTX-100" was typical.

Any dynamic mike should work, some will sound better than others.

Joe

6. W9PSK

W9PSK Ham Member

Joe, I'm too cheap to spend $40 on a mic for my HTX-100, so I wired up one from a Cobra 29. I know, I know. How could I ever mix the holy with the profane? :D

7. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member

Right. I agree. A mike is just a mike. Some CB mikes are pretty good. I had a Kenwood mobile mike, for free, so I wired it on. I never used the up/down buttons anyway.

A HTX 100 is worth about $100. Seems a little overboard to spend $40 on a mike. But that's just me. YMMV.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.