ad: k1jek

Repairman in Central Florida

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by N4ADW, Sep 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N4ADW

N4ADW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi All,
    I am located 45 minuets North of Orlando and am in need of the services of a good Kenwood Repairman. I have a TS-830S that was in storage for about four years and worked fine when stored. I moved into a over 55 community and they decided they would eliminate the use of Ham Radio in our little slice of heaven ?? They claimed they did not want antennas sticking yp as they were unslightly ! TV antennas on 30' masts did not look unsightly but ?? I am now operating stealth. I got the Kenwood out and the receive has died. I contacted Bill Grassa in St Cloud who had done some work for me in the past but is now limiting his work to newer rigs only. I also have tried a gentleman who I dropped off a rig four years ago belonging to my Brother in Law for repairs,KI4NR John Bolduc and cannot get a answer on his phone which he appears to have moved farther north in the State.
    Does anyone know of someone in my area who is a good repair person that I could get to go over my rig repair it or even rebuild it while they have it. Am desperate to get it fixed but would prefer to deeliver / pick up due to damages from shipping experiences.
    Thanks in Advance
    Jim
    N4ADW

i

i