ad: M2Ant-1

Rep. Greg Walden, OR (R) used Morse code to announce chairmanship

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4KB, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W0JRM

W0JRM Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly how is a bill ensuring fair and equal use of the Internet without corporate telecoms restricting your use about stopping voices from being heard?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Tough question to answer.

And, to think I get upset because OTA broadcast ABC-TV (Disney) regional NCAA football games end up on ESPN (Disney) pay per view on Defect-TV.

3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

glad to see most everyone gets the point.

4. W1MBB

W1MBB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Net Neutrality was voted down

The FCC Net Neutrality proposal was defeated as it was considered to be contrary to principles of free enterprise and vested too much power in a regulatory agency, namely good ole uncle charlie.

I am not sure how this makes Walden a bad guy.

5. K3NG

K3NG Ham Member QRZ Page

Net neutrality is far from dead. The FCC is going to continue to push it and coincidentally there's net neutrality activity going on this week in DC. It's only a matter of time before we have an instance where a carrier screws over their customers in the name of "free enterprise" and a content provider with a few billion in cash unleashes a legal team to make sausage. We have net neutrality right now; a net neutrality law would hopefully preserve that. I'd much rather have a public official who answers to others in the public domain ruling over this than a CEO who answers to a board of directors and stockholders. But if the armchair patriots and pundits want to make this a freedom thing, so be it. Our government is an imperfect democracy, but a corporation is a perfect tyranny. When network providers have the freedom to eliminate net neutrality, your freedom as a consumer ends and we lose the benefits net neutrality has given us over these years of unprecedented Internet growth.

I agree this doesn't make Walden a bad guy; it's not like he voted against a 9/11 first responders healthcare bill. Having a radio amateur in DC is certainly a good thing as we need more technically savvy legislators. I look forward to more Morse code tweets.

6. KB6NU

KB6NU Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen, K3NG. Just because Walden has a ham radio license doesn't mean he's a good guy. In fact, it sounds like he's just another Republican whose willing to sell to the highest bidder.

73, Dan KB6NU
    http://www.kb6nu.com

7. K5FAL

K5FAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Well at least he's not another communist disguised as a democrat.

8. KD4E

KD4E Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess in these twisted-times the defense of freedom is a Republican-only thing, is bad, and is considered selling-out.

Meanwhile placing America in impossible debt to the thugs who run communist-China, indebting our children and grandchildren to pay for billions in government corruption, and playing-nice with those who hate freedom on the Internation scene is Democrat, good, and is playing nice.

As was predicted the time has come where good is called bad and bad good ... sigh.

9. K3NG

K3NG Ham Member QRZ Page

(ignore - I changed my mind about this post)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  10. K3NG

K3NG Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, those freedom-haters at the FCC passed net neutrality rules today. Be ready for the forty years of darkness, dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats sleeping together.... mass hysteria! :)

11. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Be ready for it to be challenged, averting the mass catastrophies mentioned.

12. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds to me like good photo-ops. I'm getting my cameras ready.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.