Remote Control 767GX over the internet

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KC8GPD, May 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC8GPD

KC8GPD Ham Member QRZ Page

I live in an apartment and my mom lives in a house. i have a 767GX and Moonraker IV i want to use on 10 meter technician band (28.300-28.500) i am looking to place this setup at my moms house and remote into it for voice and remote control functions over the internet from my apartment.

what are my options. i know the 767GX uses CAT. i do have serial to ip / ip to serial converters made by moxa to send serial commands over the internet for cat.

but what are my voice and keying options? what software is compatible with the 767GX CAT?

we both have comcast which is DHCP Static so static IP's for connection are not a problem and the modems do have port forward capability.

i just need to hammer out my voice and keying options and Appropriate CAT control software. i do have a spare R Pi 3 as well. also since this is comcast we have datacaps (1TB/mo) so bandwidth usage is a concern.

with that said,, lets have your idea's,,,,

buying a new radio compatible with remoterig and buying a remoterig is not an option.

i have to work with what i have available.

2. AC9QC

AC9QC Ham Member QRZ Page

You can configure a sound card on a Windows PC to work with remote Desktop so if you can run it on that desktop and push it back to your control station you should be good. I'm not sure about lag, but I'd test first and figure that out.