ad: dxeng

Records from ADI import going into wrong logbook?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W1CEW, Jan 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W1CEW

W1CEW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have 3 logbooks, one my default and two for when I've been portable in various locations. When I perform an ADI import, I am in the dialog box for a target "portable" logbook, eg: 1) Choose logbook, 2) Settings, 3) Import button, choose my ADI file.

ADI uploads successfully according to the dialog window. However the email receipt refers to the "Destination logbook" as my main default logbook, not the intended one where I just performed the import. Sure enough the records are in the default logbook as well. The import log verifies that as well. That leads to disappointment of course. :-(

Under what conditions would this happen? Is there a mismatch in the properties of the target logbook and the records being imported? Just guessing.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Chuck
    W1CEW

Screenshot 2019-01-12 19.22.36.png

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You have the following logbooks:
    w1cew.jpg
    The STATION_CALLSIGN field in your ADI file determines which callsign logbook will accept imports, specifically:

<STATION_CALLSIGN:8>EI/W1CEW or

<STATION_CALLSIGN:5>W1CEW or

<STATION_CALLSIGN:10>W1CEW/EL17

see: http://adif.org/309/ADIF_309.htm#QSO_Field_STATION_CALLSIGN

An ADIF file is a text file arranged according to ADIF protocol. It may be read with a text editor such as Notepad.

Note: The callsign must match the callsign used over the air for the particular QSO; this is especially true for a confirmation match to take place. The callsign suffix "/EL17" appears unconventional.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. KG5UMH

KG5UMH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Suffering the same problem -

These are all FT8 records where my callsign was in the FT8 setup properly. Callsign/P. Trying to enter into Callsign/P log book. If I edit the adi file and correct the call sign, this will negate any "matches" that have alredy been entered. Suggestions?

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For a confirmation to take place, your QSO record and your worked party's QSO record must match by callsigns, mode, and, and Date/Time within a 30-minute window.

For KG5UMH/P identified records, you must enter these QSOs in your KG5UMH/P logbook and your worked party must have logged in its logbook your callsign as KG5UMH/P; otherwise there will not be a callsign match.

Check to ensure the adif file contains the proper field data.