Rear 2-pin plug on Icom PS-30 power supply

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by W7GBM, Aug 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7GBM

W7GBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings!

Just got a used PS-30 which works great! I want to plug in my Yaesu tuner to one of the 2-pin plugs on the rear, but none came with the power supply. I can't match anything visually. Anyone have a source for these or know an equivalent at mouser or digikey or another online place.?

Greg
    K7GBM

2. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

Two-Pin Molex connectors.

3. W7GBM

Do you know a model number. I checked every one at my local electronics store and none matched up that unique pattern of that connector.

Greg
    K7GBM

4. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

5. W7GBM

That's a cable to power , but here is a close up pic of the power supply side...

Attached Files:

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

There is some contact information here, https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/icom-ic-ps30.486611/

If needed you could just use the standard female pins without the housing. May not be the best idea but can work.

7. W7GBM

If I can't find a match, I'll probably just measure the hole and replace the chassis side connector with a more modern and readily available one. Thanks for the info! I guess one of the downsides to getting stuff decades old is parts availability.

Greg
    K7GBM

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sure it is available. You may need to measure it to find the one that you need.

It looks like the ones used for RC models. A hobby shop may have them.

Good Luck. Old is better than new. :)

9. W7GBM

Ok, got the numbers and the parts are on their way from Icom! Here is the info from the email reply in case anyone else is looking.

Hello,

6510013170 - $1.57 each plus tax and shipping

6510007650, changed to part number 6510005150 - $ .21 each

If you would like to place an order please email parts@icomamerica.com or phone 800-346-0495 with your shipping information and method, the part number(s) and quantity, and a credit card number with expiration. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.

You can place a will-call order by phone if you would like - it ususally takes about 24 hours to complete the order for you. Will call is open 7:45 - 3:45 and closed 12 - 1 for lunch.

Greg
    K7GBM

KA9JLM likes this.
  10. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Close, but it is not a MOLEX connector. It is a Japanese connector that is required, which is why there is no MOLEX that fits. Hopefully, Yaesu will supply the correct connector.