ad: w5yi

Re: Icom 756-Pro

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB7GJY, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB7GJY

KB7GJY Ham Member QRZ Page

While I can understand what you are saying, I have to also say, that atleast with Icom, and our old store that my father had, we didn't make big bucks on the rigs.. We couldn't.. Most of the time Mail-order could sell cheaper then we bought from Icom. We tried to make some money to keep the place open on the accy's. Now, I had never heard of a huge price drop of over $450.00 on a rig in less then 30 days. Granted, that isn't saying it doesn't happen, but still that is a BIG drop. I know I would still try and get some of it back. Why, because we all know that this isn't the cheapest hobbie and a penny saved is a penny to be spent somewhere else. Also if Icom or whoever where to drop prices that much the dealers would be compinsated for the price drop, or atleast the did before. so it doesn't cost the dealer anything in the long term. he fronts the money to keep the customer happy, Icom gives him/her a credit on their next order. the only thing that the dealer lost was some interest on the money. Which, is a good deal to keep the customers happy, and coming back to buy more stuff.. I know if I were to be in this guys situation and i went back and said hey, I would like to get a partial refund on the reduced price now that the radio has been dropped in price by $450.00 and the dealer said no. I wouldn't go back. In fact I might even go so far as paying thje restocking fee and buy the rig somewhere else, even if it cost more. Yeah the dealer would make some money but it would be the last $$$ he would see from me.

If you bought this radio from mail order then I would say your chances of getting a refund on the $450.00 is doubtful. Some will do it. but others simply will not, and makes me wonder how in the heck they stay in business.. I try and buy from the mom and pop stores because I believe I will always recieve better service and they are the ones that normally goto the hamfests, which BTW is not sopmething the BIG radio manufatures pay for. The dealers pay for the gas, lodging, etc for out of their own pocket. Some people think that if a dealer doesn't show up at a hamfest it is because they think that the dealer thinks the hamfest isn't worth it. Well that is somewhat true, The dealer has to look at the $$$ going out to go to it and the possible $$$ that may generate from it. I don't know how many times we went to a hamfest and had the hams turn the knobs and play with the rigs and then go order from a mail-order place. Because they were anywhere from $20.00 to $50.00 cheaper then our prices were.

Sorry to get off topic, but just needed to rant.

Good luck getting the $$$ back.

Allen ----------- KB7GJY ----------- Spokane, Washington

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.